Where to Buy a Helmet?

Where can I buy a helmet for Auto-X? And are they open today?

Just about any motorcycle shop does, but are probably closed. I know Hybrid used to, and a few other automotive places.

Just make sure it has a Snell 2005 on it, open-faced is usually the best as it gives you greater visability, not to mention costs less to boot.

You don’t HAVE to buy it today, FLR will have loaners.

I recommend ordering a Pyrotect from Hybrid.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:2,topic:28435"”]

Just make sure it has a Snell 2005 on it, open-faced is usually the best as it gives you greater visability, not to mention costs less to boot.

[/quote]

It doesn’t HAVE to be a Snell 2005, but should be. Especially if you are buying new.

However, this also means Snell 2000 should be selling at discounted prices, this will be good until year 2015 (then Snell 2015 and the two previous helmet years are allowed being 2010 and 2005 the 2000s will be obsolete)
So you can save money now and still use it for 8 years.

Helmets meeting the following standards must be worn while on
course: All helmets meeting the current or two immediately
preceding Snell Foundation standards (SA, K, or M), or SFI standards
31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, or 41.2A are acceptable.

If you plan on going to an open track you will want to make sure it is SA200x, and not M200x as some tracks do check.

if it fits…

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16277

freewheeling is open until 3 today i think… but im not positive… www.freewheeling-cycle.net or www.freewheelingcycle.net

Pep Boys has snell helmets

Weaver is open till 8 tonight

Loaner helmet - do it. You don’t want to be forced into buying a helmet just because you need it right now and it is the only one available. Take the time to find one you like, and is comfy.

I just picked up a Pyrotect snell sa2005 full face for $200 online. I will post the info if anyone is interested.

Last year we donated about half a dozen Helmets to the WNY SCCA so that there were plenty to go around. If you don’t want to use a community one come see us we will get you sized and order you one in :slight_smile: