Where to get fuel injector O-rings

So after a year (ok maybe a little longer) I finally tore into the fd’s fuel system to see where the leak under the intake manifold was coming from. The cuprit: a 3-4mm long piece of the top O-ring that was sliced off. I have 1680 cc/min Bosch injectors, anybody know where to get replacement O-rings locally?

Napa has them, they are the same part number as the 5.0 mustang i believe. They sell it as an “injector o-ring kit”

hectors hardware has a good array. I’ve got a few assortments at the shop, but injector o-rings tend to be pretty thick. I always end up going to the hardware store and paying like $1 an o-ring.

I thought about Hector’s, they almost have too many o-rings to sort through. Jay, I’ll try Napa tomorrow morning, thanx.

np man, get that thing ready for tuning! :tup:

Its pretty close, now all i need to do is hardwire the fuel pump, replace the injector o-ring, swap wastegate and BOV springs and find a 6" long by 2.75" ID piece of silicone tubing for my intercooler piping. It’s going to be a photo finish before saturday.

Yeah, I’d start with Napa 1st then go from there.

you can get that hose coupling at napa (sold as radiator hose) or you can go to ferry hydraulics… the stuff wont be pretty, but it will be MUCH MUCH stronger then any silicone coupler

basically told him the same thing saturday night.

Also, a lot of hardware store o-rings are natural rubber which will deteriorate.

ya no rubber, must be the viton
some parts stores only have them, $2.99 for only 2-4. Also check the “help” stuff. They have a PN with like 10 injector viton Orings for 2.99. And another with other fuel system connection, and FRP sized Orings for a few bucks. If you were in rochester New Era has boxes of injector Orings in the fuel injector, FP tester room. You could get them dirt cheap there.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!!! Just picked them up, exactly what I needed.

Good stuff. Glad you got what you needed. :tup:

kinda OT but 1680cc injectors??? wtf that seems huge…maybe it’s because i don’t know a thing about rotary motors and how they’re put together, their fuel systems, etc…all i know is that Z32 guys are making 800+whp with 740cc injectors…

Gawd you are stoopid.

Rotaries need the massive fuels to go vrooom vroom

I knew they were inefficient regarding fuel economy…but for some reason that injector size amazed me considering the majority of the decent powered Z32 guys run 555cc’s

Yup, they are terribly inefficient when it comes to fuel. My primary injectors are 1000cc/min Rochesters and the secondaries are the 1680cc/min Bosch. I’m looking to make around 450 RWHP on pump gas with the GT4088 at 1.1 BAR. Most other platforms could make close to twice the power with that amount of fuel.

:picard:

^^ I know, I know (enter LS1 FD nonsense here)

yea thats super common on rx7s andy…i ran 2 850’s, 2 1600’s and 2 walbro 255’s on mine

edit good to hear they had what you needed :tup:

LOL twin fuel pumps…effing insane/unnecessary.

you need a VG30DETT in that bitch!