where to get laminex?

anyone know of a place local to get some laminex? or something similar?

centola does.

does he have a shop local or?

i have a ton of yellow, need some?

Centola only stocks rolls of the red. he has to order the rest. I have ordered direct from Lamin-x in the past they ship pretty fast

ok thanks ron

I will never use Lamin-ex again.

I got a set of their film for my fog lights on my Maxima which kept cracking due to rock chips (physical holes).

I installed the kit, for about a week it was fine and then the next time I looked, they were cracked again. My thinking is that the film made the lights too hot (not allowing them to breathe/cooled by the passing air). I left them on thinking it would keep them together (prevent parts of the glass from falling out) but after about another week or so…the insides of my foglights were visibly burned. Meaning it got so hot in there shit caught on fire. Unless you get their thinnest type, you may or may not have the same experience. Since I live near Lafarge, I got the film on the thicker side which they said would be fine for fog lights. Sure it was.

Never again will I buy their POS product.

I have them on my HID swapped fogs with no problems what so ever and they are even plastic lenses. No issues on my glass highbeams or my HID swapped headlights either

How much yellow? Trying to talk the gf into putting yellow laminex on the headlights of her SUV. Or at least the fogs.

She likes the yellow hids I have in my accord, but thinks people who put hids on SUVs or other tall vehicles are douchebags.

HIDs operate cooler than normal halogens im pretty sure… but maybe its backwards

this^

I’ve had lamin-x on my headlights for years… no issues at all

Alot of factory fog lights will mess up Lamin-X. Civic ones are really bad. They will start to turn brown and discolor from the temp. HID’s are fine because they run cooler than halogen bulbs.

i’ve got over 3 feet of it left, it’s 6 inchs tall by 4 feet long, if you want some let me know i can meet you on central somewhere and cut ya some.

Awesome, I’ll be back in the albany area this weekend.

ok hit me up in pm and i’ll give ya info on where to meet me

Dan @ tint star

Guess we can add 4th generation Maxima’s to that list. :lol

I could not disagree with you more. I have used lamin-x on several projects including my truck, snowmobile, wrx, buddies chrystler 300 and it is a great product that i would use again and again. I think they stuff is great, and super high quality. I’ve had it on my truck for 1.5 years with zero problems and the wrx i sold (now my buddy owns it) for over 2 years with zero issues. I’m guessing you didn’t apply it correctly or are not talking about the same product

JE where did you get yours