Where to get your frame straightened?

Long story short, my sister went down a curb:picard:(i know i know) and now her bumper is hanging 1" lower then her headlights. I looked under the car and the metal where the tow hooks are is all twisted. Seems like they are pushed back, which is why the front is lower. She took it over to a place on the blvd. and they told her about $650. I haven’t seen the quote yet but headlights, grill, bumper are all fine and will be reused. Its just a matter of pulling them back I think. I was wondering if you guys know where second quote could be done.

Thanks

She took it over to a place on the blvd

Hopefully not Carrubba. That place blows.

Call a couple of body shops. I’ve used Northtown collision a couple of times. They sucked. Don’t go there either. Now I go to Evans collision when my wife bangs up a car (seems to happen once a year). He does good work, though I don’t know if he can do frame bending.

^^ How do you know dave?! He is a great guy and now my dad works with him as well. Amazing quality work. Dave does have a frame machine…ask him and tell him Christian Bauer sent you, he will take good care of you and If he cant do it he will tell you someone who can

^Time before last time my wife’s car got smacked up (in her defense she wasn’t even in it that time) I asked my officemate for a recommendation since I wasn’t happy with the prior three :picard: repair jobs that Northtown did. He suggested Dave so I went there. He did a great job, so I took it there again this last time my wife got whacked (again wasn’t her fault) and he did a great job again. :tup:

wasn’t her fault … does not compute

Northtown sucks, the worst paint on my car after 11 years are the parts that were resprayed by northtown 2 or 3 years ago, i always recommend the guys that are connected to the Mercedes dealership, but they are really expensive.

Schmidts Auto Body
290 Lake Street Hamburg, NY 14075
(716) 648-4000

I was quoted $400 for a pull and go. From what I researched that was a DECENT price.

Yea actually it was Schmidts on the Blvd

When were you quoted that Luke_L?

I was quoted around this time last year.

I would give them a call in Hamburg. Get a quote, then try to get Blvd Schmidts to price match…?

Oh hi there.
We went to school together. Strangely enough we’re facebook friends.

I also have nothing useful to add to this thread, thanks.

anatoliys on military

SUBLET FRAME SERVICE
277 YOUNG ST
TONAWANDA, NY 14150-2329

I had them pull the frame on a vr and i did all the repairs they did good work cheap.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/badnewsmini/jetta/7f_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/badnewsmini/jetta/49_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/badnewsmini/jetta/12-16-06_1106.jpg

What did it cost you badnewsmike

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

OH, i looked at the quote.
Quick break down is as follows:
take off front bumper, take off head lights, take off fender, drain and remove radiator, take out AC condenser and near by items, pull frame, install all components
i can see removing the bumper, headlights and fender but drain and remove radiator??

It’s more of a precautionary thing. They have a very rough idea of what it will take, which usually involves removing the radiator and condenser in order to get a good pull or hammer blow to relieve residual stress. It’s easier to get it at first then have to ask for it a second time (called a supplement in auto body terms)

I removed everything Towed it over had them pull the frame then i brought over the “new” parts and they mad sure it would all fit. ended up costing me only 200$ but I did 99% of the work.

who is this? lol there are alot of lancaster people on here

Lol isn’t this like the 3rd time this happened to your sister? Try camp road Colision/auto sales in hamburg where I got the truck he has a frame puller.

I love these threads, carubba hamburg only, schmidts on broadway/transit, ultra tone tonawanda. All these guys are my customers and have the correct equipment to do the job properly

And Kevin at schmidts is painting my wrx once I finish fixing it from a total :slight_smile:

What about Schmidts on Lake in Hamburg? They have a pretty sophisticated machine from what I saw (?). Just curious if they use your equipment as well.

I think the 2nd time

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Ended up taking it to schmidts