twisted my front end.

i was playing around in a parking lot today and i got a bit greedy i suppose. i jumped up a curb at about a 45 degree angle. i’m almost 100% sure i pushed the front driver side frame upwards. my hood sticks out a bunch on the driver side, and on the passenger side its sunk down below the edge of the fender. when i look at my rad and the support member that goes across infront of it, the support member is much closer to the top of the rad on the driver side, then it is on the passenger side. my driver side tow hook also took a beating and it’s bent a bit. all these things (and the fact that it looks bent up) make me think that the front driver side of my car has been pushed upwards about 1/4" - 1/2".

does anybody know of any shops that have a frame puller? i’m sure i could always get the alignment and camber all adjusted so it’s fine, but i’d rather do it right.

also, from what i can see, my tie rods and such all seem to be straight.

thanks very much.

• jesse

alot of shops have frame machines like every single big shoould have a frame machine they are gunan charge you to fix it , but go to a reputable one noe the less so they fix it right.

if you cant afford it, tie car to a tree and slow back up and yank in, then get a hammer and sledge hammer and go to work… i have done that WAY back in my early years to a friends integra and it worked proper!!!

i dont know if i’m desperate enough to tie it to a tree yet haha.

i’m almost 100% sure the main impact point was the driver side front tow hook. so i’m going to put my car on a drive on hoist, chain down the tow hook, and then jack up the car at maybe the front cross member, and hope the back of the car is heavy enough to pull the front end back into place.

Go and find a clean chassis, swap everything over.

Shitty frame = Game over.

parting out?

If this chassis gets parted… I will start killing children.

This is NOT a chassis to be scrapped. Its my old car, and it is cleaaaaan clean clean.

well i attempted to pull the frame back into place last night, and got it pretty good for the most part. there’s definately a stress crease or two at the point when it bent though, so eventually i’ll get around to finding a solution for that.

LOL, nvm, knock that shit back into place!

i used a cumalong and tourchs as well as a 4 post hoist we chanined the car in place used a 4 ton comealong heated the bend and put as much force as i could without moving the metal with the comealong then workd the metal with tha hammer and my rair was pushed 5 inches and into the fire wall 2 inchs lol and it fixed my car after meeting a tree at 60+kph turning the metal red hot alowwed me to pull those stress creases out perfectly