i’ve been looking at a two Maxima’s

one is a 2001, w/5spd gearbox
3.0ltr V6 w/105xxxkms on it
its the 20th aniversary edition, so beige exterior, black leather interior
Bose sound system, heated seats, etc.

------------ORRR---------------

the second is a 2001, w/ 6spd gearbox
3.5ltr V6 w/150xxxkms
its an SE its pearl white with a Tan interior, 6CD bose sound system, HID headlights, clear tails, and then auto adjust mirror, heated steering wheel, but again 150kms,

just wanted to ask advice on which car would be better to pick up? both are more or less the exact same price so which is better??

Very misleading seller.

the 3.5 6 speed came out in 02.

01 was the last year of the 3.0 5-speed.

But by far the 3.5 is better. Especially if you want some mods. Headers, intake and tunning can get you 250whp and a 13 second car.

Mind you though the 02’s had some minor issues such as early MAF failures etc.

What is the asking price of both vehicles?

no no the second one is an 02 i mistyped it by accident, sorry guys, but asking price for both is $9,999 but its almost 50000kms more! i mean im not going to race it or anything, the only reason im in a deliemma is becuz one is a sexy looking pearl white while the other is champagne! plus one has a 6CD bose sound system and HID’s and the other doesnt have either…so thats y im re-considering which one to get, the fact that its 3.5ltr and its 6spd isnt a huge selling point to me!

The 02 is your car. Don’t worry about the extra KM. Both cars are at the beginning of their lives.

just a question, cant i swap all those items that the other car has? like say for example put 02 tails and headlights on an 01?? and take out the 6cd bose sound system and put that in the 01?? cuz i figured i cld just do that? only thing is repainting the car!

just take the O2 (Jaron was posting wit my account at work lolz) less hassle and less of a mess to clean up cuz i know yur a messy guy, look at all those staples tangled in yur hair LOLZ

I prefer the 00-01 SE black housing tails, but the headlights can be swapped but usually go for $500. I wouldn’t worry about hte 6 disc, just get an aftermarket changer and deck, the quality will be that much better.

The motor can be swapped into an 00-01 easily but not to its full potential. VTC timing will not work unless you o a full ECU swap and the 6 speed is a PITA to swap but many have done it.

BTW as for mileage don’t worry about it. I have 220,000km on my Max with mods and its a daily driver. Motor is still very strong.

cool, im taking a mechanic to see both cars today so ill tell u which one he says is worth it!