WHICH SPRING SHOULD I USE?

NEED SOME HELP ON WHAT SPRINGS ARE BETTER TO USE
EIBACH PROKIT OR EIBACH SPORTLINE

IF ANYONE HAS IT LET ME KNOW IF THE SPORTLINES IS TO LOW AND HOW IT RIDES

AND ALSO IF THE PROKIT LOWERS IT ENOUGH AND HOW IT RIDES

I WILL BE USING KYB AGX FOR SHOCKS
BUT CANNOT DECIDE ON THE SPRINGS

HELP?

no the sportlines are not too low, i have them on my car and wouldnt mind going a bit lower.

do you ever bottom out and do you drive your car in the winter ?

Sportlines will drop your car 2.2" front and 2.1" rear approx. (dunno about how much they sag though, I hear different stories)

Pro-Kit will drop 1.8" front and 1.6" rear approx.

Sportlines are a bit cheaper than the Pro-Kit as well.

Sportline is the overall better spring.
One because it lowers the car more, and IIRC it has a stiffer spring rate.

I liked the prokits they were good with stock struts. (i have prokits for sale) as for sportlines your going to wana get kyb’s or an aftermarket strut.

Why not get the AGX springs to match the shocks? I have them and love them :slight_smile:

so you all agree with sportline right?

dont worry about bottoming out with the sportilines. i have a '90 front lip on the front of my car, and even while going over speed bumps i still dont bottom out, so thats not an issue.

sven, how low did the kyb springs lower your car? the only time ive seen them is on a brochure kyb sent me a while back. are they a good spring? and how much did they cost, if you dont mind me asking?

I have 3 fingers between my wheels and fenders in the front now. Back is a bit lower. I can take a couple pictures if you are really interested.
The springs seem pretty comparable to Whiteline’s. Maybe a hair stiffer. I had the shocks at 3/6 for the 2-4 hike to a friends cottage and it was a little too bumpy for some of the 400 terrible road over a long time … but for my shorter comute to work and driving around they get a thumbs up from me :slight_smile: 4/8 is great for spirited driving :slight_smile:

Mine are branded Gab Super, (What the KYB agx’s are called in JDM) but are exactly the same.
I got mine for $550 used … and $50 was a tip to him for driving to meet me (shocks and springs together with spring mounts) so I came out pretty well :slight_smile: (Thanks again barry!)

sure, if you have pics, i would like to see what the drop looks like. thanks man

Give me 30 secs I’ll snap a quick one

Excuse me … it just rained on the way home from work and I havn’t washed it (yet :wink: )

http://home.cogeco.ca/~raul-endymion/temp/side.JPG
http://home.cogeco.ca/~raul-endymion/temp/front.JPG
http://home.cogeco.ca/~raul-endymion/temp/rear.JPG

thats a pretty good drop, its pretty similar to the sportline/agx drop i saw on my car

how much lower is the sportline/agx setup from the car in the pic

not much at all, the difference would be centimeters.

So, what about the winters guys…is the Sportline/AGX combo even worth trying in the winter or…?

i wouldnt know, my baby sleeps for the winter :lol:

Bit of a snowplow … depends what kind of roads you are planning on driving on. If you absoluetely need it (even with the worst roads out there) I might think twice about a lower spring …

I might think twice about a lower spring

true, or just go for the pro-kit, if youre worried about snowplowing in the winter, but still want a bit of a drop and a stiffer spring.