Lowering Springs + Stock suspension - Is this combo worth?

Hey guys,

I would like to get your opinion on lowering springs? Stock suspension with lowering springs - I know the car looks lower…but in case of handling is it worth it?

I am tempted to take my car drifting coming summer…will the lowering springs along with sway bar + some tires - will this stuff be decent?

I know there no end to how much money you can put in…but for beginner…just to have fun…what would you suggest? What springs will you suggest? From the old posts it looks like eibach sportlines seem to give the max drop…

Bill

first off - Do you want the most drop or do you want best performance… if price is a factor then you need to pick

As for springs myself and a bunch of others have sportlines with OEM suspension. I have a basic sway bar and I can whip the a$$ end out no problem. If you are looking to learn and have some fun you don’t need to drop a ton of cash. I like my set up now… it is fine to learn on.

do you have an LSD? what year is your car?

I drift on sportlines on agx’s and they work just fine… Sure coilovers are
better but as a beginner there are more important things than just putting
all your money into coilovers.

i drove on sportlines with blown stock shocks for almost a year… fun but not safe. u really have little control of the car, especially at highway speeds… hit a pothole or a dip in the road doing 140km/h+ and it could be over. i recently picked up a pair of AGX’s for the rear and it makes a huge difference.

if you dont have much $$$$
what i have done is i have sportlines on kyb G2’s
they not as good as the agx, but for the price it is not bad at all, and the car actually handels really well. this is something i only did for the winter but if $$$ is a consideration then try it. in total it sould costyou like 700 for everything.

KYB GR2’s are pretty much OEM replacements and should not be used with lowering springs… they will blow just as fast as stock shocks.

even if money’s an issue… it’s not much more for AGX’s.

i have tokico blues and sportlines… and i used to have a lot of problems due to one blown shock in the rear… but when i fixed it the ride finally seemed properly put together…
the ride is stiffer and the handling difference (body roll) is significantly better…

Now all you need are some new bushings and sways and your all set.

YUP! :smiley:

Thanks for the info guys…

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Bill

try looking into koni yellow, i have a couple friends with them and the ride is amazing for the price you pay,

i dont know the g2’s are better then stock shocks, to me it seems a lot better on all aspects. im not saying that they are good for a long time but for a quick fix i think they do really well

If you are going to bother with the suspension the cheapest I would go would be a Sportline/Tokico HP setup. Do it right or don’t bother doing it at all.

eibach makes a pretty stiff spring, so you could get away with it, but no one should recommend it.

GR-2’s are OEM replacement, the fact that they are new makes them better than your stock struts.

you know. im running sportlines right now and recently just got a set of gr2s to replace the blown stocks… then i come here and read this foruma and wanna kick myself in the face. where did u guys read taht the gr2s are jst stock replacements?

Hi Guys,

I am going to keep a watch for any used springs for sale for now and if nothing clicks, buy new ones in summer.

So pls let me know if you know a friend or anyone who has used ones for sale.

Thanx

Bill