lowering springs for my spec

k so im seriosuly considering some lowering springs and i dont really want to buy them new as they just going under my car anyways and dont care what they look like…

so what are some good brands?
Im trying to find a good set of B&G but if i cant what are some other good brands that i should look for.
Also keep in mind i dont want more then 1.5" drop so yah.
oh yah and i read about spring rates and bs, aparently i want somethin close to my stock spring rate so that my shocks will last the longest… wth is the stock spring rate? lol

what about H&R? never heard of them, maby someone else has
:smiley:

The last time I looked, the Tanabe stuff was supposedly pretty good. Of course, you should look into a good pair of shocks for your lowering springs.

On the other hand, I have some Koni yellows w/ GC if you are interested. :E

Buy those and call it a day.

If you really want lowering springs though, the stiffest ones you can get are the Tanabe GF. If you’re dropping the car you don’t want stock spring rates. You want stiff so you can keep off the bump stops and save you shocks, which will wear faster than normal regardless just not as fast as with lower spring rates.

I think the best springs are the Pro-kits, nice 1.2"-1.5" drop, but then you risk blowing your shocks down the road. Just save a little more and get a nice set of coilovers.

BTW, I might be selling my Nismo Suspension kit in the spring if I decide to sell the car, and I’ll throw in the RSB fo free. :tonqe:

would spec v suspension work on an older altima?

no

yah well the thing is,i realize by the time i replace my shocks and buy the springs it will be about 1000$ and coilover start at about 1000$.

so say i was to save for coilovers, what is the cheapest i should go before im buying junk.

thanks for the input guys.

man just spend the extra cash.going cheap never helps. just wait and save a bit more.
IMO~!

true true, but knowing what the baseline for decent, helps in knowing whats good, and whats to good to be true.

if you go with springs, go with either sprint, h&r, or eibach, those are the best, coil overs not to sure, i don’t like em cause they ride to harsh

As long as you stay with the larger manufacturers, you are generally ok quality wise. From my understanding, the big 3 for the Spec V are Nismo, Tein, and JIC. Now, it all depends on what you want to do with the car. If you just want the look of a lowered car and are willing to sacrifice performance, you can go with a more basic package like the Nismo setup or the Tein Basics. On the other extreme there are the JIC Magic coilovers, which, from my reading, are currently the best out for the Spec V at this time.

There is also another company called K-Sports which make a fairly cheap set of coilovers. However, I have read that they often fail quite early and aren’t the best quality wise.

k well basically i want the handling that i have now, with the lowered look. same stiffness and everything as stock just lower…im sick of driving an SUV.

are shocks covered by warrenty? bc if they are all i will do is buy lowering springs and if my shocks go, ill just put the stock springs back on and get new shocks for free. do coilovers have a good resale value? i hate buying shit new for performance and 2 mths later its half the value, pretty much the reason i try to find good used stuff. that way i can buy more with the same amount of cash. and im a student so cash is limited.

I don’t believe shocks are covered, I might be wrong though.

Personally, I think Jutes Nismo setup would work well for you. Stock like feel, but slightly lowered. The Konis/GC setup I hava is great for handling but not so great for comfort.

i rode ur car, it wasnt much diff then mine. i just really need that 1.5" drop. so maby coilover are the best as i can raise and lower my car as i wish. also can i change the chamber setting w/ full coilovers? also price for coilovers… where do i start looking? 1000$ and more?

Just get the Nismo’s, they are perfect for daily driving and if you want to go for a day at the track. Sure they aren’t ajustable but they give you a suttle, but noticeable drop.

IMO, you don’t need coilovers unless you track the car.

k so i just looked in my warrenty book and shocks are not covered but the springs are lol.

haha everyone always give me 2 sides lol. get coils or just the springs LOL.

k fine. no coilovers. only springs!!! if i dont need them then im not getting them thanks jutes.

how do i understand the spring rates of the various springs and what do i want to look for in spring rates to make my shocks last the longest?
as i said before i want the same handling and everythe the stock springs give me but i want them 1.5" lower. and no im not cutting the springs lol.

Eibach Pro-kits.

springs for what u want,unless u get all hardcore,springs are a cheaper less maintanence way to get a drop and stiffness.
edit- but dont go cheap on springs either! :lol: