lowering springs...

I want to lower my car, what brand is good for lowering springs?

i cant afford full coilovers so im just getting the springs.

ZENN??? 130$ on Ebay. 2 inch drop
TEIN??? 190$ on Ebay. 1.3 inch drop

also are these easy to install?

the more money i save on labor the more parts i can buy!

I think the Tanabe springs are suppose to be pretty good. I’ve never heard of the Zenn brand of springs…

what do you want when these are on your car?
ride quality, handling, aggressive apearance, reliability, year round drivability??
because that effects what you should get.
if you are running stock struts/shocks, they can’t handle a 2" drop for very long, they will probably blow very quickly. my research has told me that lowering at all on stock struts/shocks will reduce their life expectancy, but anything less than 1.5" is do-able. If your planning on driving it in the winter then I would recomend not going lower than 1.5". you might be able to pull it off, but you’ll probably be a snow plow if there is a good dump of snow. If you can, then get aftermarket shocks/struts. they are going to last longer on a lowered car and handle better/ride better because they are designed for operating on a lowered car.
for street type, daily driver, some level of comfort it has been recomended to me to get Tein S-tech or eibach(sportlines I think? the 1.5" drop) they are both supposed to be good for a 1.5" drop and be reliable and within the $200-$350 range i think.
for perforamnce driving there are coils that lower even lower, like in the 2" range but I haven’t done much research on them as I am not in the market for anything that aggressive. however if you want to go that low, then try and get coilovers. they will handle that aggressive of a drop much better, and be more reliable, and of course adjustable!

yah, it was pretty much just the look of the car, and year round driving, i like to race you know rip around the streets, but no auto x or any tracks so im not really into completly overhauling the car for the track, i just like the look when its lower. So dont go 2 inch k got that. and if i go for the TEIN lowering spring i should be ok for my shocks and what not without having to replace them?

the thing is i cant afford eibach, or coilovers, their alot and i dont need all the performance you get out of them, all i want out of the car is around 200hp and i can just switch to my winter rims and shes a winter car. I just dont want to have to be replacing shocks and what not. I just love that agressive look.

if you lower the car at all you decrease the life span of your shocks. the lower you go the shorter there life span. you can totaly lower your car on stock shocks, but I don’t know how long they will last. not nearly as long as on the stock springs. but if you can see yourself having the money to upgrade or replace the shocks when they wear out in a few years, then don’t worry about it this year for sure!

so basically your saying just buy coilovers, and they will be way better
because if i end up replacing shocks then its going to equal the cost of a set of coil over right?

pretty much… and with most coilovers you choose your ride height.

Don’t get coilovers if all you are looking for is a drop. You will regret it. Just get some good shocks/struts and some springs.

decent coilovers are going to cost you well over a grand. you can get a good shock and spring combo, even with adjustable shocks, for $700. so If all you want it a year round daily driver with a little drop and comfort, and don’t want to spend over a grand, then risk some used coilovers, or get some new shocks and springs. If your doing the labour yourself, then it wouldn’t cost you anymore to get springs now and shocks in a year or two.