Who Can Weld Bung Into Stainless?

Well, I think I’m going to need a bung welded into my test pipe for my wideband. I’ll have the test pipe off of the car and can probably drill the hole for it, but would prefer someone else do it.

How much, and who does a good job? I would like someone near Irwin/Greensburg/Monroeville if possible.

Thanks guys!

i am out near robinson but i can do it if you can’t find anyone local.

jeff did mine

bgblockelcamino has done a half dozen of mine now, he’s worth the drive.

HYBRIDYNAMICS in derry

If you dont want to make the trip to Jeff’s shop (bgblockelcamino) shop in Robinson try

Brian @ JJ’s Automotive in Mt. Pleasant, PA 724-547-2959
or
Kurt @ K-Tech Welding & Performance in Ruffsdale, PA 724-640-4100

which both are only about 20mins from Irwin & both are capable of handling your needs

jeff in robinson, or hybrid did the one for me before also.

Thanks for all the replies!

I’ve heard great things about Jeff, but unfourtunately he is a little too far for me for something as simple as this. However, if I am in the area I will definitely go to him :slight_smile:

Since Derry is relatively close and Hybrid Dynamics seems reputable, I’ll most likely end up going to them. Any idea on a rough price? $20?

Thanks again guys.

bahh bah bajh bah bah bah

NOt sure i just do the ecu stuff call denis @ the shop 724-925-2660

contact gombos he will do it for a case of beer!!

I take it Hybrid isn’t a forum sponsor? I like supporting them on any board I’m on, but not at the expense of driving double the distance so they can make less than $20 lol

I called Hybrid, however, and they were really nice and quoted me $20 with me bringing in the test pipe off the car and the bung.

Zach, (or is it Zac? lol) I am going to get Gombos to weld my DSM SMICs someday, but I didn’t know he could weld stainless as well. May have him do it :slight_smile: Thanks for the suggestion.

Well I went to Hybrid today (took me a few tries to find it :p) and they TIG’d a bung in for me.

The one that came with my LC1 was an “extended bung” which I thought was pretty big, but I never installed a wideband/bung before but when I took it to Hybrid they said it was too big (the sensor didn’t really even stick out of it when fully seated) and gave me a stainless bung for $5.

After it was all said and done it looks like they did a great job (I think Dennis welded it in for me) and it only cost $25 including the cost of the bung.

Everyone there was also really nice although they were busy today and they also managed to fit in time to do this for me without much notice.

Thanks Hybrid!

good deal

Dennis Seagal is the man!

wow i just clicked your link, i’ve been past your shop a dozen of times. next time i need any work done i’ll look up you for sure :slight_smile: