Who carries Conti drive belts?

[quote=“Rx3,post:10,topic:27841"”]

I know you may not want to hear this, but just because the pulley doesn’t look like it’s out of line doesn’t mean that it isn’t.

The belt make shouldn’t matter, as long as the tension is correct (although I also love gatorbacks, Autozone has them too).

Does your pulley have rubber embedded in it? Sometimes that deteriorates (very hard to see) and will throw everything out of balance. You will never be able to really see it.

[/quote]

Nothing i could tell was wrong with any pulley, nothing was loose etc. You’re 100% correct that something could have possibly moved a 1/4 of a degree to throw it off… but i’m just playing that odds since nothing changed but the belt.

the biggest thing about the belt make isn’t the make itself, but the design. The Conti’s (maybe others do as well) have relifes that go across the belt, perpendicular to the ribbing… these reliefs would provide more allowance in the belt before it would actually jump a rib on the pulley. That’s my reasoning for trying to locate a Conti belt…i know they have this design.

I inspected the pulley’s and haven’t found anything obvious. Nothing appears loose, nothing has excess wear, or broken bolts. Right now the cheapest, quickest “try” is to swap the belt.