Who has thier CDL and how did you get it?

just wondering who here has it and how did you go about getting it What classes did you take how much was it and how long did it take. Any other info would be great.

my father has had his class a his entire life.
All i knows is it costs alot to renew and its really easy to lose your cdl as apposed to a regular license.

the test is gruelling

Thanks for the info…

I have my class a with 36,000+ towing endorsement for work

just start by getting a NYS physical card … then take the class B with air brake written test

what are you trying to do ?? i have gone through it all … so shoot me a pm and i can give ya tons of info

I got my class B with air brake and metal coil when i was working for some line construction contractors, but I got my A working for the power company. The class B wasnt too bad but the A was a little more involved with the trailer. Before I took my B class, I went over the pre trip inspection and air brake tests and i was ok, but the class A, they sent us for a day to drive around with a dump truck and backhoe trailer just to practice driving and backing/paralell parking the trailer. All in all, not too bad, but the pre trip inspections and brake tests you gotta be good with… I got my B after a few months of driving with my permit and another liscensed person

City stuff, plow trucks, dump truck, work trucks.

you just need a B with air brake … after you pass the road test then then take the written B tow and it will be added to your license

most important thing is PRE TRIP … and NEVER take the road test in buffalo (dingens) … always take it in tonawanda