CDL License help

What class of license do I need to drive a class 8 (25000 - 45000) GVW truck. It’s not a tractor but a flatbed style truck. I already looked into ins and what not, need to figure out what license i need.

I believe it is a class B license? Class B is anything over 26000 lbs gvw

awesome. is there a road test involved in that??

air brakes?

And if its a tow truck you need that endorsment also

yea air brakes … it’s a rollback.

Class B you’d take all appropriate written tests get your permit then road test in a vehicle meeting those requirements of the written tests you took, you also need a dot physical and all that mumbo jumbo.

still considered a tow truck even tho it is a flat bed. need endorsment.

Yup you’re gonna go to the office and take the core, air, and tow written tests get your permit then schedule a road test and take it in a b vehicle with air brakes.

n/p there. … what am i looking at cost wise?

are you sure about this?

Anything thing that is used to TOW a vehicle needs an tow endorsement. We just had a guy i work with go through all this.

what does the tow endorsement require? im having trouble finding it in the book.

the word TOW… does that mean:

Another vehicle being transported on the bed of the tow-ER, ie tires, wheels, brakes, steering, etc is still carried out by the truck?

or

Another vehicle being transported by a trailer or partially attached to the truck through a pivot point where its not 100% the truck doing all the work?

because in my eyes another car, ATV, couch, TV stand, moose, or what ever, properly fastened to the truck, its not towing anything. Its no different than some jamoke strapping the same shit to a pickup truck; only this one is much bigger and COULD fit another vehicle on the back of it. You dont need a tow truck license to strap an ATV on the back of a truck, so I assume its a weight thing that defines what the truck is doing.

:ohnoes

Its just a written test you can get a tow endorsement without road testing if you already have a d lic and the vehicle you’re towing with has a gvwr less than 26k lbs and the vehicle in tow has a gvwr of less than 10k lbs.

http://nysdmv.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nysdmv.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=627&p_created=1102433666

http://www.nysdmv.com/forms/mv14.pdf

FML i need a class A for this thing

Which means you need a DQ file as well… Air brake endorsement, tow endorsement… Have fun with that hero, DQ files are ghey as phuck.

AND ZERO TOLERANCE LAW FOR YOU MY FRIEND