Who knows what this is?

hellen keller? :lol:

So anyways…

George Watt painted this in 1885.

Back in the 1980’s Reverend Frederick G. Sampson gave a sermon on this painting and how the hope portrayed by it is relevant to modern life. In his audience was Reverend Jeremiah Wright.

In 1990 Reverend Jeremiah Wright gave a sermon on this painting, excerpts from which I posted above.

It left an impression on a young black man in his audience, who years later would use Wright’s sermon on the audacity to hope as the central theme of a book he was writing, and the central theme of his keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and then later as the central theme of his candidacy for the President of the United States.

Neat huh? I just thought you might be interested in actually seeing the most prominent symbol in our society today that nobody knows about.

great. wow youre soo wise.

[sarcasm]I’m so glad you’re impressed.[/sarcasm]

And you came across this how?

I listen to books on tape while I’m at the gym. Exercise my mind while exercising my body. I figured I’d try to bring a little culture to nyspeed.

In this case I was listening to Obama’s “The Audacity of Hope” while riding an incumbant bike. The story piqued my interest, so I googled the painting.

:tup: I learned something today.