Who knows what this is?

Hint: It’s got a lot of you all pissed off and it’s about 124 years old.
http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7616&stc=1&d=1232501276

judith filmer?

i dunno

O O I know I know.

George Watts, son. Hope.

obama’s great grandmother

thats a watts painting, its called hope justice

It was a gift, right?

Google time for a refresher.

a woman playing a harp

:lol: Fry, you have such audacity, posting a ridiculous picture. I hope you lose your mod status.

:lol: Yeah I’m an ass.

Very good…

this has nothing to do with the recent presidential history does it?

[sarcasm]It’s Glorious[/sarcasm] Damnit…

^why has this not been done yet!

a woman cutting her own head off with a mini guilatine for reasons unknown

This might help:

way to actually follow politics

You see, the painting is titled “Hope” and it shows a woman sitting on top of the world playing a harp. Now at first glance, that would be all right, for what more enviable position could one ever hope to achieve than being on top of the world with the whole world, everything and everyone dancing to your music. But when you look closer at the picture, when the illusion of power gives way tot the reality of pain the world at which this woman sits, our world, that is a world which is torn by war, destroyed by hate, devastated by despair and devastated by distrust. The world on which she sits is on the very brink of destruction.

That’s when you look closer at the picture. And the instrument, on which she plays, her harp, has all but one of its strings broken, torn or ripped out. Even the instrument has been damaged by what she has been through and she is even more the example of quiet despair than anything else. Yet, the artist dares entitle the painting “Hope.”

Because in spite of being in a world torn by war, in spite of being on a world destroyed by hate, decimated by distrust, in spite of being in a world where famine and greed are uneasy bed partners, in spite of being on a world where apartheid and apathy feed the fires of racism and hatred, in spite of being on a world where nuclear nightmare draws closer with each second, in spite of being on a world with a ticking time bomb, with her clothes in rags, her body scarred, bruised and bleeding and her heart all but destroyed with that one string she had left, Hannah had the audacity to make music and praise God.

Have the audacity to hope for that child of yours, have the audacity to hope for that home of yours, have the audacity to hope for the church of yours. For whatever it is you’ve been praying, keep on praying and you may like my grandmother sing “There’s a bright side somewhere, there’s a bright side somewhere.” There is a bright side somewhere. Don’t you rest until you find it, for there is a bright side somewhere.

I’ll take “Kevin Williams” for $100 Alex.

:roflpicard: @ Fry needing to spell it out

I wouldn’t call it politics so much as philosophy.

:roflpicard: @ the Rorschach response…

My last post was some select excerpts from a certain villainized preacher’s sermon in 1990.