wierd noise

this is very vague and general i know and i appologize, but i have never heard or seen this before, when i my car hits about 120 it makes a wierd sort of clicking noise, almost like something is sparking, but there is no smoke or nothing, it’ll go away when i go faster to a point then start again. it sounds as if it is coming from under the dash, or at least drivers side. what is it? i appologize again fro the lack of info, but if anyone knows please it is driving me crazy

Could be any of the many relays or solenoids hidden under there. However since it only occurs when your speed is a certain rate (or above that) I’d grab a buddy and have them pinpoint the noise.

HAHA^wtf??? how is that even possible? he said it only happens at 120km/h plus… i dont think anyone is going to hang on to the engine while he hits 120, just so they can find the sound.

Maybe you’ve already tried this, but check your rpms when you’re at 120, match that at a standstill in neutral, and see if it still happens. If not, then it’s something to do with the parts that move at 120, which means drivetrain, suspension, etc. Otherwise, it’s engine-related, and you can get that buddy to look at the engine when you’re not moving.

If it sounds like it’s coming from under the dash, there shouldn’t be any moving parts there related to speed though.

At least it’ll help narrow down where to start looking…

No but the way he made it sound it was from the interior… otherwise something is definately fucked…

def sounds like interior, but ill have to double check, today it happened at 100 kms on white mud.