Will anyone be racing in STU next season?

I know it’s (very) early, but I’m trying to plan my build this winter, which will most likely move me out of A stock.

I want to race in STU, but I just looked at the 2006 WNY-SCCA results and found one person racing a mustang in STU, who only attended one event this year.

Is anyone planning to move to STU next season?
(ahem A-stock st22ks/sti’s/evo’s)
If not I guess the best thing would be to move right into SM…or be boring and try to stay in stock class.

Post up.

I thought stu was cars over 2.0 liters?

Ding!

So 2L S2K and Evo would be STX.

My $.02 - stay AS. Buy Hoosiers.

However, you can always run SM. There’s plenty of us, and even a stock STi can compete against our civics (with the right tires at least).

Im satying AS, cant afford to mod the car anyway. Hoosiers would be sweet though.

:lol: at an EVO being able to race in STX, thats just insane. I forgot about the 2L rule.

I’ll be doing a balance of track work as well as SCCA so I really want to put some time into the suspension itself instead of just buying slicks.

So no one is going to be in STU next season?

I think I might to switch to DSP

You can put money into your suspension and stay stock - double adjustable koni’s work well on honda’s, but I would recommend you check to see what works best on STi’s.

What works best won’t leave me in stock class. It actually won’t even be that noticable from stock appearance unless you get under the car but I’m just being honest here

SM 4 Life. Or until a dedicated race car drops in my lap.

Plenty of competition in SM.

um… yeah, Evo’s are definitely STU cars, and S2000’s currently have no ST class they are eligible for.

But I will agree with the get some nice shocks and run R Comps idea. Hell, an STi came in 6th (I think) in AS at Nationals on stock shocks, so you might not have to bother :slight_smile:

If for no other reason, any issues you may have with the suspension may be more grip related, as niether ECC North or NCCC have a lot of bite.

My bad - must have 4 seats. So the stook is out. And the rulebook specifically lists the Evo as STU - but the STX rule says up to 2.0L, so what gives???

Typical rulebook ambiguity I guess :shrug:

STis are 2.5L though, so typically they shouldn’t be in STX. Only the regular WRXs would be.

But the new wrx is also a 2.5… wacky rules…

miss me beating up on you in STS :kiss:

But on a serious note it was pointed out this week in the SCCA meeting that a woman competing in the STU class would be STUL

WTF… when did they do that? Subaru putting the 2.5 in everything now?

It’s no worse than a 4g63 in everything :slight_smile:

Since 06, those japanese ruv dispracement.

Some cars were specifically excluded from certain ST classes because they are perceived to be overdogs.

A good litmus test for the Evo being excluded is that the STX index is much softer than the AS index, so it wouldn’t make sense to have a modded car running that much slower than the stock car.

i was in STX last year hunny :slight_smile:

STUL = Stool?