Will anyone be racing in STU next season?

Bob, tell him WHAT HE’S WOOONNNN!!!

Just go to SM. It’s fun there. :smiley:

I am and I probably will be in STU again next year. We will see what my new Variant II’s bring to the table.

come on join SM everyone’s doin it :wink: LOL

:word:

SM is the hotness, I love losing. <3

“Street Mod - It’s not just for Civic’s anymore!”

How can you run in STX with the upgraded brakes?

Read the rules?

http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/2006_solo_rules.pdf

ok so now I know what class my Evo falls in what about a 4 door jetta with a 2.8L stock.

I posted on WNYSCCA and I asked if the relocation brackets mounting in the same location as stock counted as original mounting holes…and they said it was fine…STS was no go thats y I had to jump to STX…but STX has too many fast AWD cars…I think DSP is where I should go…other Maxima ont he Maxima.org run in it with similar setups and are competitive

Yeah - we had the discussion and figured that the rules seemed a little contradictory - how can you run larger discs without relocating the caliper??? So we made the executive decision.

hmmmm…now reading the rules reguarding DSP i dunno if my brakes will allow me too

Yeah, it’s a little quirk in the class progression (ie Stock -> Street Touring ->Street Prepared -> ect) where there is allowance for brake mods in STX, but not in SP.

damn its either STX or SM…both which a are poopy for me

Why do you think your car is better suited for DSP than STX? I mean it kind of depends on if you plan on doing just local stuff, or if you were planning on trying some bigger events, because for local stuff, you can do fine and have a good time in STX, DSP, or SM, but at bigger events in DSP (forget SM) there is no way a Maxima is going to be compedative against the BMWs or an IS300 running 285 tires, have tons of power, and RWD going for them. Whereas in STX, you have the limitations on tire size to even the playing field a bit. That, and if you aren’t buying R comps you’re already putting yourself at a significant disadvantage in DSP or SM beyond the drivetrain disadvantage.

So I geuss that’s a long way of saying, that unless you really had your heart set on running R tires, I’d recommend staying in STX.

Usually local events havent had many DSP cars…where as STX has a few STi’s that compete regulary…I always have a good time…I was just hoping for some more possible chances at placing

Do you have an LSD in your car?

IMO that is the next mod to get if you don’t.

u want to loan me $1200

After reading the rules it looks as if I’m going to be running in STFU this year.

hey does sm support anti lag? :smiley: