Will today be a blackout day?

If you put that printer on a $100 UPS that does line conditioning you can avoid that lol

Flickered in Springville earlier. Obama now has the power to shut down anything he wants so maybe he will have a forced shutdown if it is in his opinion we don’t need AC.

I hope I don’t get as grumpy as you when I get old.

I have no pity for people who buy thousands of dollars in equipment and plug them into a dollar store power strip or don’t want to pay for a $150 UPS.

Example:$60,000 stack of 8 Cisco switches powering phones for a whole floor that is plugged into 3 dollar store power strips.

Just sayin, look into the NDRP Executive Order. We don’t need no stinkin congress.

APC sucks.

DL server is in the new building now, which has a hugh closet UPS protecting the entire building.

Please, hit unsubscribe to what ever email forward lists you’re on, or at least stop posting their crap in everyone’s threads.

I have had really good luck with these

http://www.alphaenergy.com.au/core/media/media.nl?id=2476&c=688221&h=def55f2e9ff7d881d84e

Maybe the bigger units work better, our cabinet system is ironically APC. It’s bigger than that though.

Edit - JayS got it.

power is in and out in amherst/wheatfield

Been stable here since we had the flickers this morning.

Flickering in West Seneca/North Union/Winchester area. Gym was flickering at 7am in Lancaster… I had a feeling.

Snopes can suck it. :smiley:

Stable here in the sticks.

Power was good in tonawanda all day.
We use a hell of a lot of juice and use mostly all 3ph, don’t know if that makes a difference with flickering or not. Even our lighting is 480 3p :expressionless:

On a side note; Do you guys use surge protectors on things like your fridge/range? Those little single outlet protectors?
Right now I don’t but I think I should… power out here is a little crappy. Lose power during thunderstorms, power flickers on/off during wind storms… :expressionless: PITA sometimes.

FU Kuntry.
Good here now, but was crappy around 10-11am I guess.

So surge protectors usually save from lightning storms…

A lot of equipment gets fucked from brown outs…I have also seen things get fried from power snapping back on with out a lot of load and even surge protectors doing nothing.

Hows the mower working? My power goes out randomly when drunks from the bar forget to turn…

I’d assume it’s worth it to spend the $15 on a protector though… just in case?

Great! thanks. Haven’t had any problems yet… Except when I was mowing I managed to hit a drain pipe cap… split one of the deck blades down the middle (along the rear wing part where it starts to bend) about 4-5". So I ended up getting a new set of blades. Those old ones were on backwards… I think they were like that ever since I owned it tbh. Which would explain why I’d usually get a crappy cut :slight_smile:
But now it cuts superb :wink:

We had at least 5 power sags today in Williamsville. I had a few UPS’s fail after the first one. No low battery/replace battery warning or anything. fml.