WIN: Evo Vs. WRX shootout at Englishtown, NJ

I think the best part of this win was the prize. This event has always been dominated by Mitsubishis so Jason won an upgraded intake manifold for an Evo. LOL

He was the number one qualifier in the Evo Vs. WRX heads up class, went rounds and won.:bigtup:

More pics from insideimport.com:
http://app.onlinephotofiler.com/Img1/A_5/8/9/9/129985/a3a0e6426cc34c49bee88ba8241b0182.Large.jpg

http://app.onlinephotofiler.com/Img1/A_5/8/9/9/129985/d6db32ba97ac487b92a3dee1bdcc8fb0.Large.jpg

http://app.onlinephotofiler.com/Img1/A_5/8/9/9/129985/f56868e4e35041e6afa62d7a6233c170.Large.jpg

Here’s his #1 qualifying run. We had to be careful he didn’t run a 9 second pass there because he doesn’t have his NHRA 9 second license yet which is a bit of work to get. It involves a physical, a fee, training, and being monitored at the track while running 9 second passes.

whats the intake manifold he won?

Wow thats amazing congrats man. What did the ets look like? Was it all out heads up racing I assume?

Awesome job. Any links to more info about the event?

Magnus intake manifold for Evo. I’ll ask what he’s going to sell it for.

We knew they’d be sticking to NHRA rules and he doesn’t have his 9 second license so we dialed it back a little and he ran 10.3s with bad track prep aside from a couple missed shifts.
He won the heads up Evo Vs. WRX class. I heard an 11 or 12 second Evo won the bracket racing.

congrats to both you and the driver/owner!!

lol nice

upstateeclipse these were the classes. Jason won the EVO vs. WRX/STI Heads Up Class. I wasn’t able to find complete event results anywhere.

EVO vs. WRX/STI Heads Up Class:
DOT approved Tires ONLY. Must run full exhaust. NHRA safety rules apply. No Fiberglass front ends. No Lexan. 16 Car field (8 Fastest EVO’s and 8 FASTEST WRX’s/STI’s will compete Heads Up)

EVO vs. WRX/STI Stock Appearing Heads Up Class:
Full Street Trim, Registered, Insured, True DOT Radial Tire, Stock Appearing Turbo (Evo up to 20 G / WRX up to 20 G or VF family OK) No GT 35’s or 50 Trims. After market intake or exhaust manifold OK. Front mounted intercooler and pipe upgrade ok. 16 Car field (8 Fastest EVO’s and 8 FASTEST WRX’s/STI’s will compete Heads Up)

EVO vs. WRX/STI Bracket Class:
Dial your own ET. NHRA safety rules apply.

DSM Bracket Class:
Dial your own ET. NHRA safety rules apply.

DSM Stock Appearing Class Heads Up Class:
Full Street Trim, Registered, Insured, True DOT Radial Tire, Stock Appearing Turbo (Evo up to 20 G OK) No GT 35’s or 50 Trims. After market intake or exhaust manifold OK. Front mounted intercooler and pipe upgrade ok. 8 Car field.

Street 16:
Slicks OK. Full exhaust. No fiberglass front ends or Lexan. 68 mm Turbo. Minimum weight 2800 lbs. Heads Up. 16 car field. Mitsubishi / EVO vs. WRX Rules

Awesome work! lol @ the prize.

Great stuff Mike, it is good to see that there is more than one shop in upstate ny that can make a fast drag car after all(and it is even better that it was a subie) lol.

Congrats! I had no idea you guys were gonna be there or I mighta came out.

Awesome, congrats!

Thanks guys!

I think everyone has known this since we slapped together a low 10 second Subaru for me 3 years ago with spare parts we had lying around the shop. Jason just happens to be the first customer that came to us and said he wanted to go a little faster than I did. :slight_smile: Even this car was bought and built for less than a stock STI or Evo costs new. With a bigger budget we could make it considerably faster.

Nice work!

X…

Great job Mike and crew!

We gotta get some beers soon! It’s been too long!

congrats…seems hard to believe that there wasnt anyone faster than low 10’s especially in that class…i mean we all know jasons car goes nines easily he detuned and still one…great work guys

Sounds good Bobby!

Basically nobody showed up to run in that class with the proper safety equipment and license to run 9’s. The license to run nines costs a bit of money and it’s only good for two years, so unless someone is serious about racing they generally don’t get it.

Thanks guys, My number 1 job for next year is to get my ahra 9 second lisence at TMP (cayuga) then get the NHRA physical then apply for the NHRA crossover lisence. It seems the easiest way to work the system to get my full NHRA lisence. Then we wont need to tiptoe through events like this one. There was probaby 100 cars there at Englishtown and maybe only 5 cars had cages.

There were 15 cars in my class, maybe because it was near the end of the year most of the faster cars were broke and didnt show up, there was a couple there that never got off the trailer.

My favorite prize from the day was these stickers LOL

oh and yes the Magnus manifold is for sale once I get it.

Great job guys. Jason, wish I had known you were there, I was literally 20 minutes away all day.