Winamp?

When I double click on a song in one of my folders it used to pop up in winamp and play. Now I cannot create a playlist at all. No songs pop up when I click on them. Basically nothing will go from my folder into a playlist in winamp. I erased winamp and redownloaded it, with no results. Any and all help is much appreciated.

I hate computers soo much.

check to make sure mp3 files are associated with winamp.

Open “my computer”

Tools > Folder Options > File Types

Scroll down to MP3 and see what it says, should say Opens with Winamp" somewhere in the window.

what if you physically drag the song into the playlist window? does that work?

no, it shows that they are associated with winamp but don’t work.

that seemed to help thanks.

if you go to the options or preferences, there is a library tab, you can have it browse folders every start up and it will automatically add music to your library.

[quote=“Supraman,post:6,topic:35216"”]

if you go to the options or preferences, there is a library tab, you can have it browse folders every start up and it will automatically add music to your library.

[/quote]

which if you have a lot of music, can be a real pita.

[quote=“sureshot!,post:7,topic:35216"”]

which if you have a lot of music, can be a real pita.

[/quote]

how so? just wondering…

thats how i have mine set up, it will only look for new files, all the ones previously added will still be in local media or audio or whatever.

oh. hrm, maybe i just had a bogus version or something, but it would rescan everything, everytime… i used the old style though, before it became a system resources whore