Windows 7, $29.99 for students

[COLOR=black]www.win741.com[/COLOR]

From everything I heard, windows 7 is supposed to be a HUGE improvement from Vista, and actually bring some pride back to windows OS’s.

In for one when I get home.

Worth checking out on a bit older machine thats running windows xp? Or is it going to be kind of a memory hog like vista was?

this looks neat. I see the license is perpetual, as in it wont expire right? I dont want to get this then have it expire in 6 mos or whatever.

I currently have vista and love it… any demo videos out there?

I have yet to use it but everyone I have talked to has loved it. Think of it as taking the good (very few) things out of vista, slapping it into xp, and making the whole thing run faster than any OS they have made.

in for one if someone in college will get it for me.

I have Windows 7 and love it. I went straight from XP to 7, so never got to see what Vista was like, but the more and more I use 7 the more I like it.

what kind of processor and how much ram are you running?

also running win7 64bit. no complaints at all. i love it.

i used vista ultimate for a few months, and it was quite an upgrade.

they have a windows 7 version that is designed for netbooks, so you should be able to make it work on most machines that run xp decently

Let me throw in, that you cannot download it earlier than the release of october 22nd, you just get it at a cheap price.

that strange that it says just pay and download… how do people have this right now? trial version?

Intel quad 2.4ghz, 4gb ram. Running 32bit Windows 7 Ultimate, its plenty fast. I have no complaints.

They released a beta version in the summer giving you up till March 2010. For this price its the real deal for eva, for eva eva? for eva eva

Jay, u can do an upgrade test, prior to buying it! Im definantly gonna get it, for only 30bucks, lol…

will this get rid of my “memory” issue? http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68108

i got windows 7 professional for free and it runs a little better than vista especially after the second service pack they put out which really slowed down everything for me

Got my dad to buy a copy.

Its kinda sad that he is a student and I am not.

might look into this, sick of internet being a pos with vista

It is great. I have been running it since the first beta release and have 0 major issues with it. I have had minor issues with some of my work programs like VPN and VNC, but there are already published workarounds.

Only issue i have had is the networking cutting out on my PC under heavy load (~3mb down). I just reset the adapter and its good again, but sometimes it keeps doing it over and over.

I don’t beleive it is router related as all other pc’s, laptops, gaming systems work still work when my pc doesn’t.