Windshield replacement

My 2000 XJ needs the windshield replaced ans was wondering if it is hard and either should i turn it into insurance or would it be cheaper to get a used one or call safelite. Anybody ever do this?

i have a place that i use out of bridgeville. do not get a used windshield. it is silly. not much difference in price at times and still have to pick it up somewhere

You have the name and number? Or PM jeff

call around… If I remember correctly it was less than $200 when I had one replaced in my 99 XJ back in either 2000 or 2001

I just replaced one on a jeep grand cherokee, all said and done was like 235 with taxes etc…just replace it, cheaper and better then anything else…if it’s not too bad and you can drive with it, I’d replace it after winter is over though…

www.safeguard.com did a good job on my moms CRV as well

It’s shot, i put my fist through it like an idiot:dunno:

I had to replace the one on the Z a few years ago. I turned it into insurance and called safelite. Not too sure that insurance will cover a fist thru it tho LOL. Safelite did a nice job on it…

My buddy just had a new one put in his Girls Sunfire this morning @ Terry’s Auto Glass he said it was 120 out the door

safelite safeguard same thing to me :stuck_out_tongue:

I had one put in my truck a couple summers ago from Ryan’s Autoglass. Don’t remember the cost but the guy showed me how the windshield frame was rotted out from a shitty job replacement before I owned it. He couldn’t warranty the installation from leaks, but he did ask to use the grinding tools he heard me using and cleaned as much rust out as he could, then primed it. It ended up being pointless because of how bad the rust had gotten, but he did go the extra bit that he didn’t need to for free. I guess it did last a year before it leaked, maybe he did help prolong it.

I got one put into the teg last year, went with the cheapest place that could do it the next day. First thing the guy did was run a rasor blade around the glued on trim to remove it, after I specifically told him not to do shit like that. I looked at it and the marks looked esactly like what rotted out my truck.

So I guess make sure the guy installing it isn’t a shmuck that gouges up your paint behind the trim that will not get recovered with the glue that holds in the windshield.

i called my insurance company said a 18 wheeler picked up a rock and put a crack in it and with the weather the windshield split. They covered half of it so all i had to pay was $100

Called and my insurance will cover it after i pay the $100 comp fee, it is getting installed tomorrow at my house. Thanks