WinMo 6.5 - The Thread

Who has used it?

I am playing with a HTC Imagio. Wow, this thing flies.

They got the touchscreen down, it’s flicking is great. HTC’s added touches to 6.5 did wonders for the OS.

Anyone else play with the OS?

I’m giving it a shot as soon as they release it for the Jack

im running 6.5 on the current version of MightyRom for my Touch pro.

6.5 > 6.1

was using 6.5 for quite some some on my touch pro. was using a basically bare rom, so the thing flew. as of now, im back on 6.1 cause i just got the touch pro 2…and there is no unlocker yet…but that should be released in the next day or so…then will be going back to 6.5

aaron did you just buy a tp2 or did you get a replacement upgrade via the sprint store?

actually got it replaced. i was on my 6th TP in under a year…just went in there on thursday, told him im having the same issues as all the others, was gonna have a tech look at it, he went back there and came back out in about 2 min and just said there is no point to look at it and they were just gonna order me a TP2. had it the next day…brand new in box…free of charge

edit: i did however mention that i was hoping to have it replaced with the TP2 before they told me they were going to

EDIT nm. im running 6.5 pro.

how do u know which version youre running?

well…the interface itself between 6.1 and 6.5 look completely different

but with a winmo phone…if you went to the settings and about…it would tell you what version you’re running.

yea… i figured it out. lol.

hahaha good job

I’ve been debating about getting the imagio. It seems so awesome. I’m worried about the responsiveness of the touch screen for texting though. Plus idk if I want to wait for android or not. It seems like verizons only android devices for awhile will be motorolas…and HTC > motorola all day.

Uh, you should check up on your facts, the new Moto Droid is pretty much Motorala being Google’s bitch and building it to their spec exactly.

According to BGR, the new Droid is the next standard for Android phones…

Also, the Droid will be Android 2.0, I THINK

im actually pretty excited for the droid…

edit: yep, 2.0

I’m sure the droid will be an amazing phone but all I’m saying is that I’m not a huge fan of motorolas…I’ve had a few in the past and they were slow and liked to freeze up. Who knows though…maybe this phone really will set the standard for android phones. I’m definately willing to give it a shot and I’ll probably jump right on it when this phone comes out.

im not a fan of moto’s either, but this doesnt have their shitty OS on it…

i completely agree with you, the os’s sucked. motorola can build solid phones, and hopefully this time around the android OS will make the phone worthwhile.

on another note, i hope its not gonna be black and gold like i saw in the pictures. i don’t think its the best color combination and not my favorite.

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=557&PROD_ID=558&AT_ID=177858

:ohnoes: Installing after work today…

I’ve been running 6.5 since beta on my omnia. Works very nice. much smoother operation and a lot faster since the paging size got upped to 32mb. from 8mb in 6.1