Winter pipe dreams. Whats up your sleeve?

The end of the season, as you all can tell, makes people restless it seems. Since I am sick of the needless banter here, as many also are, lets give it an honest chance of staying on topic.

What are your “plans” and rate them on a scale of 1-10 if they are feasible and might actually come to fruition come spring time.

I will start:

RWD 5.3L Jetta project, make it move under its own power - 3 (hard work is done; big items are physically in place. But the tedious crap like plumbing, wiring, testing and re-doing some shit in it already I know will pose problems & troubleshooting once it fires still needs to be done)

1994 Camaro 6.0l swap project. - 10. Will be done for spring. Everything but a driveshaft and transmission rebuild parts are on the shelf. I have all winter to take my time and do it right.

2002 Ducati Street Fighter project - 10. No major fabrication is needed, no motor work at all, just source some msc body parts from other bikes off eBay and make them fit. Half the parts are powdercoated already, paint I can do in a weekend. + its small and doesnt take up alot of much needed shop space so it can stay inside and insight to remind me to work on it.

Thats my personal list. We have 6 other “major projects” for paying customers that are all ofcourse 10’s on the “feasible for completion” scale, so I have a long winter ahead of me.

Whatcha got?

Cage-2
Knuckles-10
Wider arms-10
Paint/M3 bumper-6

1979 Camaro-see the build section. 10/10 chance that it’s running 10s in the spring.

Evo-KK is building an IC pipe for me in the spring. 10/10 chance on me wanting that, 5/10 chance of him stopping writing novel posts to do it.

Getting 97 Ram w/12v Cummins running 10…it NEEDS to be running.

Getting 75 D100 pick up running with the 2007 Hemi…are there negative #'s cause I just don’t see having the time.

ima keep saving all winter like i have been since i picked up the camaro i got, get it running like new and body work+paint job, tint windows… should be looking brand new by next summer

2008 Evo X.

Ivey Tune (10)
1000CC Injectors (10)
Fuel Pump for E-85 (10)

Stop whoring yourself out to the mopar nuts so much and you wont be so backed up.:dunno

Get with me on the tuning. I’m 100 percent confident that I have a cheaper/better/quicker option for you. You’ll be done tuning before you’d even be close to pulling into Iveys parking lot.

OK sounds good.

Going to PM

LOL, not to mention the waiting you’d be doing @ Ivey’s.

Wait (after we got there) to get McGrath’s Evo X tuned: 3-4hrs.
Wait (after we got there at 9:30 when they said the be there at 10 cuz Sean wouldn’t have time after that) to get my R33 tuned: 4-5hrs.

My winter projects:

All pending I sell the 911…

E46M Track car:
Cage - 10
Suspension bits - 10
Lots of brake pads and rotors - 10

New project - 10

Stop being a Jew and buy myself a sts-v. Been looking for the color combo I want with low miles, found a few nice ones so far, but not the perfect one. I’ll rate it at about a 7

Sorry to hear about those bogus wait times man. Thankfully the need to physically put an Evo on the dyno for tuning is a thing of the past in all but the most extreme cases.

2011 Jetta

Coilovers 9
Wheels 6

pull/straighten/cut/replace rear of car - 10
new intercooler plumbing design - 5
cage - 1

In my best Dumb and Dumber impression… So you are saying there is a chance! lol

Thanks for being optimistic though!

haha…can’t help it…I like to eat and the bills need paying.

the ass end of that car will never look decent again.
:rofl :rofl :rofl

so?

Cleaning / painting the Detroit - 5
Installing it in the truck - 5