Winter tire Choice.

I had winter forces on both my jag xtype and my gti…and niether ever got stuck and I live in the sticks up a decent hill…
and the wear is pretty decent on them

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:16,topic:37036"”]

Nokian hakkapelittas <spelling>

The best but most expensive.

I’ve been running my RSi’s all summer.:banghead::cry:

[/quote]

haha I’ve been running mine almost all summer too. :cry:

[quote=“Gus,post:15,topic:37036"”]

Nothing like FWD and eBrake!

[/quote]

He’s driving a Supra this winter. RWD FTW!

I got BFGoodrich Traction T/A’s on my Trans Am…I think I will just use them on my winter kaa. Looking at an S-10 this weekend. Only thing is the tires are a 225/60 so I dunno if that will be too low profile and too wide…but eh. Should handle ok in snow. I have run Winterforce in the past and was quite impressed by their performance.

I just ordered this last night, for the Neon:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?c=1&sw=true&cs=185&pc=11216&rd=14&ar=60

Discount Tire is offering $100 off any order of 4 tires or 4 wheels.

So…$53 x 4 = $212 - $100 in savings = $112 shipped to my door, for 4 brand new tires. CANNOT beat that :slight_smile:

[quote=“RedConquestTSi,post:25,topic:37036"”]

So…$53 x 4 = $212 - $100 in savings = $112 shipped to my door, for 4 brand new tires. CANNOT beat that :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I was looking at those, wondered how they are.

[quote=“RedConquestTSi,post:25,topic:37036"”]

[/quote]

How are those?

I ordered em last night. I have no idea, ive never run them before. Will find out 1st snowing i guess.

[quote=“RedConquestTSi,post:28,topic:37036"”]

I ordered em last night. I have no idea, ive never run them before. Will find out 1st snowing i guess.

[/quote]

Just ordered them, said wtf $132 for 4 brand new snows cant beat that. Should be alright on the subaru.

Yeah, you’ve got AWD working for ya too…you shouldn’t have any problems

I’m not worried about going forward. Its about being able to stop and stay on the road that is important to me. I drive from Holland into Buffalo to work so snows are a plus with the many different conditions I could hit during the drive to and from.

I’m still amazed by how many people think that AWD and/or “heavy” and/or big or better brakes are going to stop a car.

at the end of the day it’s tires that stop/start/turn a car - they are the only thing that touch the ground and thus the most important part of a car regardless of type.

I run studded Nokian Hakkapalitas (sp?) on my accord for the winter. I’ve never gotten stuck.

Tires are very important during the winter. So don’t skimp out.

I got mine from Dino Tire, just south of Buffalo.

dont be cheap… i got the ws-50s and i get more traction than a grand cherokee 4x4

oh the ws-50s wear really fast though… but then again i have a problem staying within the 89mph speed limit of the tires…