Wiper blades... what do you recommend?

the rainx fluid is definitely worth it. The cheap stuff will occasionally freeze on the windshield. Rainx will melt a thin layer of ice and apply the rainx treatment.

the rainx stuff also eats clear coats according to a couple detailing forums.

^haven’t experienced that, put something with as many warnings as it does about keeping it off skin and no inhaling etc probably could.

Also, generally speaking, chemicals of winter itself have a tendency to eat clear coats without a good coat of wax all the time so…I’m thinking if you drive your car in conditions where you need the rain-x deicer, its the least of your worries?

I forgot, I have both a regular blade and a one piece on my accord. As far as I can tell neither is better. When I got my car only the one needed replacing. I still like the one piece better and will only buy that kind

I use Bosch Icons.

Wal-Mart Anco Wiper Blade…

Are the Rain-X dedicated ‘Winter’ blades worth ordering? I can’t simply find them locally, just the latitudes…

Geoff stop spending 50 bucks on wiper blades plz

Anco Winter Blades, $5+ each. FTW.

I put cheapos on my old civic, after a month they were horrid, and that was during the summer.

Ow, and wipe em with alcohol once a month to get rid of the dirt built-up.

I just wipe them with with what I wash the car with or a paper towel and all seems well

how were the wipers on our civic? I know I put icon-type blades on it.

They were good until they totally failed horribly, the rubber came completely off only attaching at both ends on both blades.
But they wiped good until that point.

Did you like rain x the windshield at one time? I noticed rain like never stuck to it. that car was great besides the incredible fog issues.

I still need to find a good set of blades and some good anti fog for the jeep. this thread is kind of all over the place with suggestions, I think we need a poll

um. I forget if I ever rain-x’ed it. possibly because I rain-x’ed my s10 and I owned both at the same time. so its likely. I know I only used rain x fluid though. I also took compound to the windshield to clean it, it works wonders.

the fog was bc it didnt have AC to remove the humidity from the inside of the car (wet shoes etc)

i have the Michelin 1 piece wipers on my subaru and on my wifes neon paired with the rainx orange fluid. work great. i have some el-cheapo wiper on the back window of the subaru. works fine for now.

remote starts on both cars so they are melted when i get in and hit the wipers. subie has the heated wiper defrosters too.

Brian

ugh remote car starters :frowning:

I use the Anco winter blade. Works great for me. Replace them every winter.

Sort of…About 5 years ago rainx had a “new” product that you had to hand apply it with a cloth. If you used it often and got it on your paint it could remove wax but it would not hurt the clear coat. Supposedly the rainx you can buy now for the windshield wiper fluid system has a different concentration and will not hurt the wax or finish. To my knowledge they still do not say “Safe for clearcoat…” on the bottle. I personally choose not to use rainx and opt for the -20° stuff you can pick up at any gas station.

???

I love mine in the truck. Haven’t put on in the GTO though because it’s a manual and the installs are more complicated.