Windshield Wipers

I’m getting a little pissed off. I spend money on the most expensive wipers (like $25 each - Michelin, Rain-X, SilBlade, etc.) at Walmart and other auto stores and I only get like 3-4 months out of them before they start streaking and making that dreaded noise. I keep my windshield clean and use Rain-X but it just seems like these things don’t last long. I once read that you should change them once a year, meaning some people go longer? How on earth?

What do you guys use for wipers? How long do they last you?

just bought bosch ones for like 10 bucks a piece… they work pretty well

rain-x eats wipers. that’s your problem

Bosch

Really? I can’t find anything suggesting that online…

EDIT: Found some stuff…but that’s referring to applying Rain-X to the blades themselves, which I don’t do. Do you think it would pick up that much off the glass itself to dry it out that much/quick?

Where do you guys get the Bosch ones? I’m willin to try anything at this point to get a full years worth out of the blades.

i buy the rain-x wipers i always swap them out before winter and get new ones in the spring and never have any problems. a pay 25 at most for both but usually under 20!

I have used the bosch icon ones and the 1 piece trico blade ones and the tricos have outlasted them, 1/2 the price as well.

I use the trico’s aswell.

I just drive really fast. No need for wipers were Im going.

Bosch Icon blades and cheap antifreeze in the washer fluid tank.

aquapel, and bosch icons, wipers usually last 6 months, then I change them.

clean the blades with rubbing alcohol and they should stop making noise. Thats worked for me before.

the alcohaul in the rani x is drying out the wipers .use the bosh icons and reg washer fluid with no rain x and u will be ok .besides rain x is for when ya dont have wipers

I use regular fluid. I apply rain-x to the windshield once every couple of weeks/months in the summer months. I haven’t applied it all winter and I just got the wipers like 2 months ago. I’ll have to try Bosch Icons though. Does Napa have em?

they have there brand ,they arent bad though …cheaper also , just get the contour type its 1 blade with no metal frame it contours to the windshield on it own

if you can get honda wipers to fit your car go for it. My gf’s wiper blades on her CRV lasted two years - i just replaced them with Honda refills.

LGT- Icon’s.
911- Bosch Micro-edge
Audi- Rain-X cheap
R33- No effin clue, prolly some JDM jump off.

i got the 3 dollar ones at walmart and they are perfectly fine! haha

why would ya put 20 dollar wipers on a 3 dollar car ?

?