WNY Boaters / Boating Get In Here

jetskiing >>>>>> stupid fucking boats.

Wrong. And right.

Having a boat and jetski > *

perhaps.
but from what i hear, there is only 2 good days in a boat owners life. the day he buys his boat, and the day he sells it… I need a friend with a big boat who is cool with me jumping it’s wake. I really want to learn barrel rolls this year…

I would have agreed completely a few years ago.

Went from a boater’s son, to a stand up ski, to now an Seadoo owner.

Now I want a boat. I want to bring a group of friends out all day, drinking, skiing, boarding, ect off shore.

I miss my stand up. But I love my slightly modded RX :slight_smile:

ugghh, carvers are so ugly and odd looking. who makes the sunseeker, i wanna say sea ray but idunno if thats right. my folks have an 83’ 40 ft. sea ray sport fisherman, its got twin 654 turbo deisels made by detroit deisel, which is a gm company i think. we also have an 18 ft wellcraft center console. i guess u can say my family is really into boating

Yeah, I wasn’t saying all jetskiiers are idiots, but the idiot ones all seem to be drawn to Isle View. It will be interesting to see if now that Erie County is going to start charging for that launch if they go somewhere else. I think the ghetto launch over by Rich Marine is still free, but it’s a 50/50 chance your tow vehicle will still be there when you get back.

As for the jetski > boat comment, all your personal opinion. But spending the day wakeboarding, then kicking back on the boat anchored at sunset with some friends, kicking back a few Corona’s > * in my book.

I know exactly what you were saying.

And most jetskiers are idiots. Really.

This is my favorite carver, also the biggest that they make. Rolls in new at around 1.5 million after a little negotiation wih the broker.
http://carveryachts.com/models/570_run.jpg

more pics here: http://carveryachts.com/models.cci?thepage=models_more&thewhat=interior&modeltype=voyager&modelid=1&detail=1

the sunseeker is made by sunseeker, sea ray makes several models that include sun in the name, like sundeck. I like searay, but they really are overpriced. The best deals in yachts (bigger boats) come in the form of Maxum if you want something out of the box, or older silvertons, if you dont mind investing some time and $ making it nicer. New silvertons are $$$.

Here is the sunseker that i like. It is fucking powerful, and luxurious. you can easily go skiing or boarding behind it, then have a drink on the aft deck!
I want the smallest of their performance yachts measuring in at 55 ft., they can get as big as 110’ with just as much speed and power!

here is the 72’ one, you get the idea…
http://www.easyboats.com/img/boats/62/Exterior%20prd75.jpg

more pics and info on the motors and specs www.sunseeker.com

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh sunseeker. now i remember, def. the pimpest things to ever prowl the water. i feel u there, major pimpage.

i would really like to try wakeboarding sometime… is it much harder than waterskiing or snowboarding? i picked up waterskiing in like 10 minutes… my first time up i was comfortable enough to go to one ski by the end of the run.

it was at zwarbyts lake house or something.

Getting up is like waterskiing. Riding is easy, just have to get used to edge limits.

may i suggest an NYSpeed water meet? when the weather and the water gets warmer…whoever has a boat and/or jetski can all meet at a certain point on the river…cruise around (allowing the jetskiers to jump some wakes, and other to ski and what not), take turns trading jetski’s, pack a few coolers with food and drink :gotme:

would anybody else be down for this? i think it could be a good time… :tup:

can i have your elise after they drudge you up from the bottom?

WHAT!!! NO SAILBOATS??? Ive baught myself a 16 foot hobie a few years ago and that thing is fun as hell. u dont need much wind to really move in that thing. And if there is of 15 knots of wind, someone could prolly wakeboard behind it.

My dad has a boat at erie basin, 27 foot sloop,=not as fun cause not a fast but its great for parties:)

my uncle just sold his 61 ft hatteras…hes still got a couple boats but the hatteras was tits… i wish i could afford a boat… i couldnt even afford to fill the tanks on the yacht… that shits expensive… my parents will prolly pick somethin up over the next year now that they live in florida and they live on the water… but right now the 14 ft boston whaler (in florida) and my canoe here are about all the boats in my life…

ive got a 17 ft thompson glass boat mercruiser 188 actually my old backup motor has been in it for 2 years 302 ford it hauls ass im in the process of re doing the interior what a pita ill take it out this weekend maybe

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/boat/products/modelgallery/235/1/0/gallery.aspx
Here is a Link to My boat.21ft Twin jet.IMO The best boat for the $$$ if you are going to buy new.55mph one way and within like 15 secs you can do a complete 180’ and be at 55 the other way.Much fun.Just make sure you hold on.I have 4 slips at my house and took ppl for rides at a party I had last yr and everyone absolutely loved it.The boat has a 0-30 time of like 2.9 secs or something like that.Simply amazing.Mine is an 2004 so it has the 270 hp Engines.The new ones only have 220hp for some reason tho.
D

You know, it all depends. If you did that well skiiing I think you’d pick up wakeboarding pretty quickly too. Unlike skiing you start with the board parallel to the back of the boat, and once it pulls you up you let the board turn. I got up on my 1st try once I figured that part out. I’ve had friends get up on their first try, and I’ve had other less coordinated friends never go more than about 10 feet.

that would be cool.I Have the 4 slips at my house and more could anchor if needed.last summer some guys from work would either meet at my house at like 11am or meet at the Small BH at like 10:30 and head to my house.We would go waterskiing,tubing and such hang out have some :beer2: then get back to my house around 1-130 for some burgers and more:beer2:.
Good times.
D

As some of you know, I’m a professional mariner, but I really haven’t been exposed to pleasure boating all that much. In April of last year ('13) I picked up a 1986 Wellcraft 260 Aft Cabin. I had it out about a half dozen times last summer, but my job kept me away for most of the good weather. Typically, we’d launch at the DEC site at Sunset Bay since we live about 15 minutes away. We motored over to Mickey Rats a couple times, made a trip to Dunkirk, and one to Downtown Buffalo. Owning, operating, and maintaining the boat is a no brainer for me, but, as far as interesting places to take the boat, I’m kinda lost. I’ll be off my ship next week and it looks like I’ll have most of the summer off, so I’m looking for recommendations of places to go/check out via boat. Go!