WNY Boaters / Boating Get In Here

I just picked up a boat. First time owner. Wondering if anyone else on here is into boating. Got a good deal on an ‘83 ASI Citation VC200. It’s a 20’ cuddy w/ a 170 HP Mercruiser 470. Pretty nice all around boat. It should definitely handle any of the water around here even w/ the current and choppiness. Looking forward to some fun on the water this summer. Can’t wait to get her in and see what she can do.

:tup: mang

:tup: we just put out 23 ft chapparell (sp?) up for sale, it’s a late 80’s model…was a blast for the years we had it, but time to sell it to pay off the two new jet ski’s we just got :tup:

I’m aspiring. I’ll probably own a boat before I own a project car. In the mean time I just hang out with my future-father-in-law. He’s got a 1990 22’ iforgotthename cuddy, and is shopping for something like a new 22’ Sea Ray cuddy cabin with a 350 magnum. I don’t know shit about boats, but I’m learning while boat shopping with him. Definitely addicting, since his boat docks at his dock across the street from his house. :stuck_out_tongue: (He lives on Grand Island on the water.) He already told me I’ve got a free dock if I ever get something, so I can’t wait to pick up something like a Sea Ray Sea Rayder to go ripping around the river on.

I detail the big ones that you see around. I will own one eventually. I am thinking of picking up a 26-32’ for the time being, but i would really like a 46-59’ carver yacht. I really love how well those boats are constructed. but my absolute favorite, i posted in a thread a while back. the sunseeker 49’ motor yacht… it is like the AMG of boats, ultimate luxury, and amazing power!

I’ve got a 2000 180SSe Chaparral that I’m out in a lot. If you’ve never had a boat around here there are quite a few areas to be careful of in the river and lakes.

Shallows below Strawberry Island in “the triangle”.
Several rock bars off Grand Island/Beaver Island State Park.
Rock bar just past the Peace Bridge, on the left.
Lots of rock bars, both sides of the lake, from the mouth of the river to as far down the lake as you can get on a tank of gas.
Rock bar on the East River, just above the North GI Bridge, at the channel enterence to a GI yacht club.
The off limits zone near the power project intake.
Obviously the falls.
Pilings that are just below the surface, East River, just below the marina by the Grand Lady.

I’m sure there are some I’m forgetting that I would remember when I’m on the water. I’ll probably be getting the boat out for a little shakedown cruise Saturday if the rain holds off. Just a lap around Grand Island. Let me know if you’re interested in tagging along and I could point out some of the hazards.

my boss has a fifty foot yacht.

here is a shot of me on it:
http://myspace-245.vo.llnwd.net/00227/54/22/227762245_l.jpg

it is fucking baller.

is that rainbows end?? if so, it is act 56’

Is it over at mid river marina?

it’s at BYC and it’s called the eagles nest.

50 foot is pimp, but can you wakeboard behind it?

http://users.adelphia.net/~jasonsea/boat_small.jpg

I’m pickin up a 17 foot aluminum blue fin, with an outboard 60hp merc.

1 purpose…pullin in da big one

is that the one that jasper rebuilt?

I just bought a 91 citation 19 ft cuddy cab. Just waiting for some nice weather.

yea i belive dats da won. ported da head derr, ya know lettin her a breathe a lil better. ill be spending an average of 28 hours a day out on da lake dis summer, bare minimum.

:tup: tho jeff boats are sweet

Something like this will be my next toy maybe next summer, more likely the summer after I get married

(minus the bimini.)

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/9/3/79506093.htm

I own a '01 Seadoo RX.

I want to buy my dad’s boat: 1998 Sea Ray Signature 190.

Small, recreational. Perfect for what I need.

My boss and I were probably going to get his and mine out on Sat. Provided I get everything in order on mine by then. Where were you planning on heading too?

I launch out of Niawanda park in Tonawanda. In fact, I need to run over there on my lunch tomorrow and pick up the launch permit. I started paying for the season pass there a few years ago when I got tired of the idiot jet skiiers at Isle View. If I go it will be 11am or so. I just want to take a run around the island and get back to my house in time for the game.

Niawanda Park Season Permit :tup:

And as a Jetskier I am almost as ashamed as being a Civic Owner around here. WTF is wrong with people in the river. I NEVER take mine out in the river for one reason. People around here are stupider than shit. And as a boater I agree 100% about Isle View.

ATTN Buffalo River Jetskiers: Wow! Doing 360 degree spins are SOOO hard (as a seven year old maybe), we are all impressed. Tailgating boats and hitting their wakes is also so amazing. You got like 2 feet of air! WOW! I hope a Newman’s boss’s 50 footer hits you. ///rant

EDIT_ and just because you drive something 1/4 of the size doesn’t mean you can go 4x the limit in no wake zones.

ughhh, i cant wait to real in da one an only delicious bass that ive been hearing bout so much. Ima go water my lawn and catch me some gigantic night crawlers.