WNY loses yet ANOTHER Big business

So my dad, who has worked for Quebecor printing for over 35+years has found out that niether he, nor anyone else there will have a job come Oct. of 2007. Apparently Quebecor World Int. has found it nessecary to close their flagship plant for the enitre east coast located on George Urban Blvd.

Combinations of the Depew taxing the shit out of them, not being able to keep up with competitors bids for jobs, and outdated equiptment that quebecor refused to update has led to the closing.

Apparently, the only way they can keep the plant open is to win a bid for a contract for 2007 against a company that they have never been able to outbid

So I personally think depew really is gonna go downhill now, that and its a gaurentee that property taxes will SKYROCKET.

WNY loses yet another large business as all the work will be moved to other plants down south. Way to go Quebec! Thanks!

i dont think this will really happen … they have talking and saying it would be shut down for about 6 years

What would happen to all their reps in the area?

they just PAID a customer to take their work back unfinished

there supposedto have gotten “new, state of the art” timson presses almost a year ago, now another location is being considered

Sorry to hear that, my dad lost his job with trico not once but they came back and needed an electrician so they gave him an offer that he couldn’t refuse and the closed up shop again. Which is why i say don’t buy their products people!!

let me guess… labor union?

wow… they are a really sizeable contract for my company. We supply all of their automation and motor control products as well as all of the general lighting and electrical supplies… I really hope they dont leave since i will be in outside sales right around oct. 07’ and feasibly could have them as a contract of my own :frowning:

word…my Dad has worked there for the past 35+ yrs as well and every 2 years or so the same shit is said and they end up putting more money into the Depew plant…yes they are Union

my friend worked there for 5 years and hated that sweat shop…thank god he got out when he did…

sorry to hear :tdown:

unions fucking blow.

,!, I love my union lol