Gotta Lova Layoffs....

Well, after spending a LONG time and finding a good new job about 6 months ago (very good raise, beni’s, etc) we just got told today they are closing our location… and consolidating it with their location in Cleveland…

Oh, here’s an offer to come down… oh, you’ll pay moving expenses and “help” with a Realtor for my house. Oh, and the beni’s are 2x as expensive, and cover less; with no raise, and no real incentive to move… But if you don’t sell your house, that’s your issue, not ours.

Fucking pricks…

Just venting…:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Another NYspeeder who I work with is in the same boat as me; i’ll let him identify himself if he wants.

So now, I’m out of a job… they said by the End of January there’s going to be closing this location…

Anyone know of any openings for a ME?

I’ve got a couple things I’m working, but still…

Oh, and to top it off… I came down with a fucking cold today and feel like complete SHIT… but I can’t sleep!!! GRRR… What a fucking god damn day…

nyquil, and call it a night.

Where do you work?

I have family in Columbus, the taxes are far less and the weather is milder.

Should be similar for Cleveland.

I might look at it as a bit of an opportunity.

Go out there, take that job, and look for work out there. It has to be better than around here.

I feel your pain, Last friday was my last day at my job,the plant will be closed by 4th quarter next year, everything is going over seas. it kinda worked out in my favor but not being able to count on your job anymore is fucking shitty, GL Im in the same boat.

Sorry buddy I hope you pick up something soon. I know my dad is always looking for people at 3M.

that sucks…there will be more people out of job in the next few weeks when AAM cuts more people.

Prax Air? Danforth?

I know how getting layed off feels it sucks. You have to cut back on just about everything and hope to hell you have enough money left to get by . All I can say is start looking for a job and dont give up. Shit happens. If I got through it you sure as hell will too.

x2

Sorry to be man. IanK and myself work at the same place and my last day is November 26th, so I know the feeling. I know Moog in Elma is looking for people and Northup Grumen (spelling?) is also looking for people. There was a job fair at Continental and both companies were there. Hope this helps!

But hey, they’re gonna raise the minimum wage!!

Ahhh right, you can work at might taco and make out, but people with education/skills are getting fucked cause there is no positions available, I love this country

3M is a good place to work I know some one there who has been there for 25 years

it was more in response to jobs going eleswhere in general. but that too i guess.

No real incentive to move? Keep a job isn’t a big enough reason?

you gotta think too, ya it sucks but at least they are keeping you guys. some companies just close down and you are on your own.

X2 I’ve heard good things as well, my information was more aimed at line workers or whatever, Im not sure about other positions

I had thought about going and was going to if… they had done something better with my house.

Trying to sell a house in this market is horrible; especially trying to get anything decent out of it. If they had offered me a package that included COMPLETELY taking care of my house (as in buy-out clause if it didn’t sell; and covering both rent/mortgage while it was on the market) I would’ve taken it. But they said they would just help with working with a realtor but the house thing was all me and my responsibility.

They offered a few people (I think 3) significant raises and better packages to relocate; but I know 2 don’t have houses; and the 3rd isn’t going because of family.

Just bad timing in a shitty economy. I have a 2nd interview at a place friday, and started spreading my resume this past weekend so we’ll see what happens with that.

I looked on NG’s website and they have a couple postings for jobs, but they’re all older (june/july) last time I looked. May check them out again.

That sucks man, I feel your pain. I was laid off from the Ford Stamping Plant almost a year ago and my brother just got laid off from Penn Detroit Diesel Allison. :banghead:

NG?

Carleton Technologies in OP had a few openings a while back

talk to bladez about cameron turbocompressor

the housing market sucks equally both here and there… so you make less selling your house and also pay less buying the next one… what’s the problem?

I do wish you good luck on the job hunt.