WNY Real Estate

its disheartening. i cant even sell because i have great tenants. how do you upset other people’s lives for some more $?.

alternatively, however, i could have a nice tidy townhouse in FL right about now too.

The poverty line must be 150 grand a year income lol

this is what my facebook feed looks like daily

I got a letter in the mail asking me to sell my house. People have resorted to spamming neighborhoods with actual mail to try and get a house. I assume its mostly due to the school district and their failure to look up what the taxes are.

I can’t wait to see how much my taxes go up next year. they currently go up 20-40% in the town of Lockport every two years. I expect that by the end of 2022, they will have officially doubled from 2017 when I bought the place.

This is every few weeks where I am downtown. Unsolicited letters and texts go out to certain zip codes.

WNYHB is one of them. This dude Dylan is supposedly blind texting me, but he’s in Seattle:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dylan-stewart-812545130

I suppose I should not complain that much. ~118k increase in “value” in 3.5 years. If I sell today, I can probably get a nice trailer home and extra tank of gas to haul it south.

edit: LOL I clicked the link, but responded 1st only to find out that guy is a mobile home investor when I went to the other tab,

1 Like

Another one today…

House across the street from my dad sold for $120k over asking lol. Glad I’m out of the market

That’s not a real letter though, look at the individual letters, that’s just a spam mass market heart string to buy up houses.

I keep kicking around the idea to put the house up for sale and move to somewhere with a little more land than what we have in Kenmore. (Would like a small green house/garden as well as room for my son and dog to play) However, I know I’ll get money for my house, trying to find one is another story. Doing a fair amount of Real Estate photography, I’ve come to see how quick houses are selling and majority of them are well over asking price.

We’re in the same boat dude.

Could sell the house and leave with a LOT of cash, but I don’t want to enter this market.

Though…I am intrigued about buying land and building. Lakeview is looking very appealing.

1 Like

Funny seeing Lakeview. I saw someone on FB 716 yard sale put a house up for rent in Lakeview. Someone was trying to complain about the price they wanted for rent for the house while comparing it to what they pay for rent in Lackawanna. I bit my tongue on that one but I’m sure we all know why rent is a lot cheaper in Lackawanna that Lakeview.

Personally I’d be happy to be out in the Newstead area as well. We almost bought in Akron before buying in Kenmore. I do like the accessibility to everything in Kenmore as I can forget something at Home Depot and travel there and back in 10-15 minutes but from my mom, it’s a 40 minute back and forth if you forget. With how Clarence has been building up, I feel Newstead is the next area.

1 Like

I just want some wiggle room, I love Town of Tonawanda so much…but I need like 20-30 ft of space between my bedroom window and my neighbor’s house, it just feels cramped.

1 Like

This is how I feel about Williamsville. I love all the conveniences of where I live, my super quiet street that is just short loop that starts and ends on Clearfield so no one but the people that live on it come down it, our schools (even with the nonsense last year) and my neighbors. I just wish I had a bit more land. We’ve decided we’re staying where we are at least until our daughter is out of college though. Honestly, we’re probably there until we retire.

you left out a 0 there.

3 Likes

This is why I moved out to Wheatfield, we have just the right amount of space for our needs but still not too far away from everything else.

I feel like land is over rated to a point. I thought I would absolutely love it. I lived in Pendleton, hand an acre that backed up to open fields and woods, that I was able to go on anytime. I’m a hunter and avid snowmobiler/ATV guy and that part was fun, but the whole yard was a fucking nightmare to mow and deal with, it was a ton of time wasted mowing, trimming, etc. I built a house in Clarence a few years ago with a .25 acre lot and couldn’t be happier. Houses are far enough away, probably 30 feet, nice neighborhood on a culdesac.

Also, glad I built then instead of now, hearing stories of people getting charged 40-$50K in overages just for lumber this past summer.

Oh and also just got a call from someone wanted to buy my rental property in Cheektowaga about 30 minutes ago, which made me think of this thread.

1 Like

My house in wheatfield lakes would be up for sale if lumber wasn’t retarded. GT homes was like “we can build anytime you want but with lumber your looking at a increase of 30-50k”. I own the land outright where we’re gonna build. But I’m not dropping that coin to move just yet.

[quote=“HouseS2K, post:38, topic:1414147, full:true”] I own the land outright where we’re gonna build. But I’m not dropping that coin to move just yet.
[/quote]

it may only get worse though. i put off a bunhc of renos (replacing the remaining windows) to my place(s) over the last couple years and it would have been so much better to have already done it all.

I can deal with a little kick in price say 4-500 per 1000board/ft but not this 1000$+.