NYSpeed is growing up v. Home Purchase

I haven’t been on the site very much lately for a few reasons.
First, my work is now cracking down hard on internet traffic.
Second, I have been busy working on unpacking.
My wife and I closed on our first home last Friday. So far home ownership is great. I have so many projects planned that I don’t even know where to start.
Before you ask, I will not tell you how much I paid. But it has everything we were looking for in a home. Decent yard, 2 car garage, about 2,000 sq ft., 3 bedroom, extremely well cared for, and a great school district (Williamsville). It was great to find something in move in condition with all the crap we looked at over the past several months.

Yet more evidence that NYspeed is really growing up.
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3600&d=1199932501

:tup: thats a nice looking house

HAHAHHA, yeah that is what I said also. Welcome to home ownership.
Its not hard to find the price people pay for their houses,its free information. Just gotta go to www.zillow.com, im on there all the time looking at peoples houses.

mmm brick :wink: well done!

Nice, congrats.
Welcome to the world of debt and home repairs. And sometimes free time to work on your car :slight_smile:

Congrats. If you dont mind me asking, How old are you? And please tell me thats not your PT loser?

CONGRATS!

I did the same about 3 months ago. it was rediculous how many overpriced shitty houses are in this area.

What yr was it built? Those windows/curtains make it look old :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the Adult Table.

ha, welcome to williamsville, where abouts in the vill are ya

lol

Certainly not your average starter home. Congrats! Place looks nice!

Tip #1 in home ownership. Do 1 project at a time, and do NOT start another until the first one is finished! Otherwise, you will find yourself with tons of “little” things left over, that most likely never get done…because lets face it, doing all that shit you want to do to make it your own is real fun for the first 1-2 years…but it gets old REAL fast.

But :tup: on the purchase! Looks nice!

:tup:

Good purchase (assuming you didn’t overpay, but you’re a car guy, which is the next best thing to being jewish, so I’m sure you didn’t)

I want very badly to buy a house within a few years, I’m jealous!

26 and no that is not mine. It belongs to the woman who used to own the house.

yea i am still waiting for my invite

I wasn’t looking for a starter. We plan to stay for a long time

^ i see that being that you mentioned the school district

im home until 3 all week. stop your ass over.

where abouts in williamsville?

AAAAAAAAAAAMEN to that…great advice on the finishing of a project before moving on to the next. It took me 3 rooms before I figured that one out:)

I have owned my house for 6 years (actually 6 years today :slight_smile: )
Did a big project, then a small one, then another big one. But basically one big project every year. And all that is left now is a little “polishing up” and to do my garage interior.

Enjoy it as much as you could. But you’ll have the bug to eat something quick when you get home, then bust your ass for 6 hours working on the house. Once you get into the big projects, it will wear into you. But the coolest thing of all is when you finish and you can stand back and enjoy your work (and others enjoy it too).

And a tip - Shop around for everything. We found a ton of great deals on stuff online and even just over the border in Canada.