Working with someone who knows their way around concrete driveways/pads-"CHEAP LABOR"

Long story short I’m looking to pour a pad in my backyard and I would like to do it myself. Ive done tiny sidewalk/AC pads (easy) but when it comes to a 10’x12’ pad Id like to get more experience before pouring and having to break it up due to a simple mistake.

Theres tons of youtube videos out there but nothing beats hands on experience. If someone knows anyone who knows their way around pouring concrete driveways/pads and needs cheap Mexican labor, let me know.

My brother has poured and finished many a driveway, but he’s a welder now. Maybe he’ll help you one weekend for cash. I’ll ask

where are you located

Thanks
Amherst Wheatfield Area

Think he knows anyone who still pours?

The concrete company will pour the concrete from the street into a wheel barrow as you wheel it back and dump it.
You really need to dig out a good area of ground. Good luck digging now. I would wait a month or two

Concrete is going to crack no matter what. We just poured a pad and it was filled with over a foot of stone and poured way thicker than any pad and it still cracked. The only way concrete isn’t going to crack is if it’s on a footer with a massive amount of stone and it’s going to cost 60,000 dollars lol

You can find cheap finishers but you need to do everything else yourself. Dig it out, stone it, pack the stone, fill more, pack it, the start pouring and use mesh.

Yeah even the townhouses I was working on last year had cracked foundations They were built on slabs and the slabs had a ton of stone, reinforcing mesh and the stone was compacted like crazy.

They even used a concrete vibrator to get as many air bubbles out as possible and heated the ground for a few days prior to pouring. Still there were cracks everywhere. Didn’t affect the structural integrity but did fuck the flooring guys a little.

Yea I already know who I plan on going with for materials. I also have access to a bobcat and a truck.
The digging I can do, the forming and finishing is where I would like to get some hands on with.
Little cracks im ok with, anything is better then whats there now