World In Conflict, video card recommendations

Has any one played the game yet? I was wondering what Video cards you guys are using for best quality. I am Torn between an NVIDIA and ATI card.

ATI

NVIDIA

The only real difference I can see is Price (after rebates, difference of about $5) Bus speeds, and clock speeds

I know its AGP but its for my fathers computer. He wants to play this game, hes got a xfx 5200 now…:crap: Time to upgrade

deffinitly go nvidia (ati has been sketchy lately… plus nvidia forceware owns IMO)

I’d go ahead and just get the 7800 though… price is about the same and you get a better card (more pipelines… you can overclock/buy pre-oc’d from bfg to make up for the speed difference)

love the game, havnt played in awhile though

between those 2… the ATI card… supposedly their new drivers have helped out quite a bit.

Word

I do know on my PCIe ATI card on my PC the drivers have been buggy causing system errors.

Didnt see that one, thanx.
I thought the GT cards were better opposed to the GS cards

not quite

the core and memory is clocked higher but that’s against a vanilla GS. If you get a pre-over clocked card (or over clock it yourself) you’ll hit the same clock speeds but with the benefit of 4 extra pipelines. Not to mention it has a 256 bit bus, versus the 7600’s 128 bit bus

it’s the superior card IMO

the ATi is supposed to be decent too, but like you said… a lot of people have had problems with ATi lately. You can almost be 100% sure that nVidia will have a good drivers (minus SLI support in vista) with the added benefit of stereo drivers and pre-release beta drivers. When you really look at the real world numbers, 9 times out of 10 the GS is sitting right next to the x1950 (at vanilla/stock clock speeds).

unless it was night and day difference, I’d go with nvidia

g/l

my 6800 GT works perfect, great game too.

Or, if you really want to get every last drop out of that AGP system, you could go with a Gainward 7800GS (uses the 7800GT core with 20 pixel pipelines).

personally though, I own a 7800GS (not over clocked) and I have no problems 90% of the time with newer games. But with games like crysis it’s a dog lol

Yea, ATI is on my shit list right now. I may venture over to a Nvidia PCIe on my system because I’d like to take advantage of SLI once I get this game.

LOL,that ATI card will smoke that 7600.Hands down.

But,I still wouldnt go with it.

I had a 7900GS and it was an awesome card.I ended up selling it for $140,then I bought someones 7950GT for $50 that was broken…RMA’d it and got a brand new one.:smiley:

I’m partial to Nvidia, I think their products are better overall in comparison to ATI. I’m using the 8800GTS 640mb.

On another note, that ATI card you’ve selected is far superior to the 7600GT. In fact, the X1950PRO probably matches closer to the 7900GS. From what I remember, the X1950PRO also had better benchmark results than the 7900GS. Therefore, if you want best bang for buck, get the ATI.

ouch too bad the 8800 GT wasnt out yet, since it blows away the 8800GTS for around 260 bucks.

You never win with computer technology. I bought the 8800GTS a year ago for $400. I know the 8800GT beats the 8800GTS 320MB, but I havent seen benchmarks against the 8800GTS 640MB.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQxMCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

:slight_smile:

Its actually faster than the GTX also