TW/FS: 8800GT 512MB

Well, I’m considering selling my 8800GT in favor of something a bit more powerful :smiley: :snky:
It’s a PNY XLR8 8800GT 512mb card

I paid approx 260 for it just 2 months ago via tigerdirect and would like 220.00 obo. Comes with everything in the box. This card works flawlessly and is practically brand new. No dust. Ask anyone who owns one… it’s an animal.

Key Features:

• NVIDIA unified architecture with GigaThread technology
  • Full Microsoft DirectX 10 Shader Model 4.0 support
  • NVIDIA SLI-Ready
  • 16x full-screen anti-aliasing
  • True 128-bit floating point high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting
  • NVIDIA Quantum Effects physics processing technology
  • PCI Express 2.0 Support (backwards compatible with PCI Express)
  • Two dual-link DVI outputs support two 2560 x 1600 resolution displays
  • NVIDIA PureVideo HD technology 1
  • HDCP Capable2
  • OpenGL 2.0 support
  • NVIDIA ForceWare Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
  • Built for Microsoft Windows Vista
  • Outputs: DVI+DVI+HDTV/S-Video
  • Single Slot form factor

Product Description
8800GT 512MB,VCG88512GXPB,PCI Express 2.0 (backwards compatible with PCI Express),1500 MHz Shader Clock,600 MHzCore Clock,1800 MHz (effective)Memory Frequency.Features 112 stream processors and an impressive 256-bit frame-buffer for amplified graphics processing power, Loaded with GeForce 8 Series features for richer game environments and ultra fast frame rates when image options are maximized, NVIDIA SLI¿-Ready technology enables up to 2x the performance , PCI Express 2.0 bus architecture supports a future-proofing bridge to the most bandwidth-hungry games and applications,Second generation NVIDIA PureVideo® HD engine delivers outstanding Blu-ray and HD DVD movie quality with drastically reduced power consumption

buickgn will buy it. He needs a 2nd one.

Random Q: Im making the assumption your going the 9800gx2 or 9800gtx route?

More than likely I’m going with the gx2.

Ya, Im going to get 2 of them actually. Ive seen a benchmark on the evga site showing that quad sli 9800gx2 gets an average of 10fps better than tri sli ultras…with an evga 790i mobo. Thats actually quite impressive considering how buggy these are supposed to be.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=290946&mpage=1&key=&#290946

yeah, I’m still not 100% sure yet on which way I’m going. The new ATi X2 cards seem like a decent deal too (price vs performance).

Either way, I’m stuck with a non-sli motherboard for the moment and need to make the best of it :smiley: It seems that either GX2 (ati or nvidia) card would be the way to go

wow… that’s one hell of a rig.

still can’t believe that Crysis is taxing systems that badly. I mean, 3 ultras and it still can’t get playable frame rates. The GX2 Quad seems to work great, but thats A LOT of loot right there

ya its way too much $ for only avg of 30fps. But it was maxed out with x16AA on. So Im sure you could get 40-50fps if you got rid of x16aa. Thats gotta be a bit overkill. x4 is plenty.

I can barely tell a difference from AA on and off @ 1680x1050 on a 24" monitor. I can’t imagine 1920X1200 being any different

not worth the overhead. It would be cool if he posted the avg fps without AA all together

shoot me an offer