Worst best idea, build a racing mower

Well Mike Guzzo (Boostedhatch) both have the case of slow car blues and nothing better to do. Since our funding is limited, we’ve decided why not build a racing mower. So last Thursday (08/05/2011) we picked up this Agway 11/38 11 hp tractor right next to Synaps for 75 dollars from this little old lady. She told us the tractor ran perfectly fine until the end of last summer when her grandson was out mowing and it just shut off. We dragged this diamond in the rough to my house & jumped straight into getting her running. New battery, fuel filter, fresh gas & oil we were set. Turns out the mower was jammed on, so we disconnected the mower sensor & she fired right up.

That’s her background story so now on to the important stuff. This beast has a 11 hp briggs & straton motor w/ a 7 speed & is general lee orange. Plans are so simple it’s scary. Simply remove the deck & swap the drive pulleys & build a cool loud exhaust. Hoping for a deadly machine here. It’s a fun thing to work on & just so simple it’s perfect for a beginner project (seeing a higher hp project in the future). Few pics below. Let me know what you guys think. Haters, eat your hearts out :crackup

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af239/cjconlon692/startofracingmower.jpg

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af239/cjconlon692/rearpulleyswap.jpg
Upgraded the tranny pulley from 6 inch to 2.5 inch. Mainly where you get your speed from.

lol

Def put a blower on it.

Is it wrong I’ve always wanted to do this too?

oh cant wait to see this, i always wanted to hop up my old lawn tractor when i was out in boondocks, Wa.

Never wrong. So stupid yet so much fun.

You always can get 1 cheap & hop it up. Tractor supply is the best place to get cheap bolt ons to make 'em go fast

If we find a turbo kit for sure but we may strap a lil NOS to her

that dream has gone out the window. got too much else to worry about

In all honesty, this is straight up a weekend project. We had this whole blown apart in about 5 hours. Everything is just simple hand tools. Feels weird actually using my inch sockets. Usually they never get used.

I have a 20hp twin in my project. It had a tree land on it and now is bent to hell. Hydrostatic tranny thou :frowning: been sitting in the woods for a few yrs now.

gonna dig it out & get it going

Had a 7spd Agway years ago when I still lived with my dad haha Used to race that thing all around the field

Badass tractor, how can you say no to something that came from the factory general lee orange?

That thing will deff. need some 28" MT ET streets.

Go to Hillview Tavern in Duanesburg and see how they do it up

^ Hell yeah!

Mowers are fun shit…my father used to race mowers at a handful of tracks all over NY. Had a few local sponsors. I’ll try to dig up some photo’s when I get a chance.

It has to be built to a class to run at the hillview. Don’t think you can run whatcya brung

Not really planning actually racing it. Just want a cool little toy.

Hell yeah they are. If you find any pics throw them up on here.

May have to take a field trip

That’s the goal lol

so much win!

when that 11hp gets old I have 169 more waiting for you on the bench at my house!

/\ Liter bike powered 11/38! NOAW YOU ARE TALKIN!

Random question but how much power can the tranny on that mower hold with turning into shrapnel?