Would you buy a truck that's been off-roaded for a daily driver?

Provided all the suspension bits have been replaced? (ie, new tie roads, ball joints, shocks) Or too much abuse to both with?

i would. but that’s because i’m awesome.

no. my reason: i had to rebuild the motor in my zr2 blazer. knocked and spun number 6 bearing and it was not because of coolant leak from gasket. was from abuse. also, that mud and shit gets up in everywhere, not just the suspension. it all rots out much faster and youll never get it all washed out. if you plan to just have it as a beater go ahead. if you plan to keep it for a while no way. too many negatives imo.

Would have to be a real good deal

It’s got pretty low miles but the body is a little beat up from the off roading. but yeah, there was mud everywhere i looked. engine compartment looked relatively clean considering. it’s a decent deal, but not a steal… just want a good 4x4 for the winter.

hold off…unless its a steal you will regret it

if its a jeep, you cant hurt it. they are pretty much the honda of the truck world, everything interchanges and it will run forever

would you buy a boat that use to have a whole bunch of holes in it?

there are a million trucks for sale all over the place, and you want a beat one?

Been looking for the under $3k price range, it limits my options… Needs to be 4x4 with a decent bed, not look like total shit or have a ton of miles. This one is actually one of the best of the bunch i’ve looked at thus far! :meh:

and you said your looking for something for the winter. i dont know what calender your looking at, but the one here says its still august. you got a few months still. keep looking theres plenty of deals out there.

Figured I would just get a jump on it before everyone else is doing the same thing.

what kind of truck? how many miles? what year? there are so many details your leaving out

If you’re looking for something to use in the winter you’ve got time. Buy something worth the money.

it depends and also depends on what kind of off roading

Does it still have “low” miles if you factor in a multiplier for the off roading? Ex… every mile of off roading = similar wear and tear as 1000 miles of highway driving.

I’d always be extra cautious taking a vehicle someone else probably didn’t rely on as a DD and making it into a DD, twice as much so if I was on a small budget of 3k.

3k get a set of snows an a nice little reliable car.

i’m not entirely sure this is a fair comparison, but, continue.

THIS.

If you want to drink champagne on a Budweiser budget you better be prepared to drink some pretty shitty champagne.

Did the car with snow tires thing last year. I don’t want to do it again this year.

I’d like to A) take my car off the road for the winter to not subject it to anymore salt and B) have a truck for purposes other than winter driving also, like haul the giant pile of crap in my back yard to the dump.

I don’t want it to be minty fresh and nice, but I would like it to be mechanically sound. Since I don’t off road and never have, I figured I’d ask the question of those that had to see if they’d buy something that was off roaded for a DD.

The guy said he hadn’t off roaded it that much, but either he really sucks at off roading and bashed into a few trees or off roaded it a bunch. Miles are low, 78k.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I’ll keep looking.