would you buy... it

So ive came across another dsm of course its a 1g automatic awd 91 with 100k body is in 7/10 interior is 9/10 leather. So heres the scoop on it i was driving through a Richy neighborhood and i come across the talon i knock of the door because it had no plates on it so I Asked if they were interested in selling it they said ya blah blah telling me how they dumped 2500$ into it if not more because they brought it to mr good wrench lol and these people clearly knew nothing about cars. any who i popped the hood and bone stock and im looking at the head and its brand new. And fired her up started up good but began to smoke like a fire so automatically i knew it was burning oil the owner said they replaced the turbo and had receipts for it $$$ but looking at the turbo from the outside looks like it came from the junk yard waste gate looks like it fell off the titanic so i take it for a test drive and i look behind me and the road is covered in smoke the turbo sounds like a supercharger it doesnt boost correctly its smoking like crazy so i drive it back wondering if its the piston rings or the turbo… im guessing the turbo due to the supercharger sound of it … was wondering if i could get some second options also he wants 900 for the car

A dsm with problems before you even buy it… RUN

^ x2

unless you can grab it for a few hundred

how were those strut towers?

I got to the word DSM and gave up. don’t do it

If you can do the work, buy it. What 17 year old car with over 100K on it doesn’t have some sort of problem. For $900 it’s not bad, I’d try and talk him down a little more just for fun. Oh and the strut tower rust is usually on 2G’s.

meh, we all know the gheyness of DSM’s

Idk not really my thing to start with but i wouldnt buy a car that was pouring smoke out the back reguardless of the cause. I would keep looking. This sounds like a crap shoot, and if your like me, i hate suprises.

Well when you drove it did it seem to boost/pull ok? Or was is REALLY slow? Easy way to find out if it was the turbo or not

So long as the chassis is rotted, for $900 you can’t do too badly.

Just don’t have illusions of running 11’s for a total investment of $2k or anything.

blah…high stall, mbc, 3" down pipe w/no exhaust and a 100shot 11’s all day :tup:

alright “reliably run 11s”