WTB: DSM, GSX or TSI

Hey I have been looking for a while now and I have come pretty close to buying a few. Now that I have my parents finally convinced that they will let me buy a car I need one. I am looking for a 90-95 turbo DSM for 2500-3000. Email me @ skifaster12@gmail.com or call my cell at 585-474-6378.

Any info will help, thanks for your time,
-Dylan

pm devioustsi i think he has one for sale

i wouldnt buy one if your counting on it…they arent exactly known for reliability… just my 2 cents

They are as reliable as the next 13+ year old car. Its all in the maintenance.

ahh…guys like you kill me.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

spoken like a true know it all. opinions are like assholes everyone has one and lets be honest most of them are disgusting.

PM orzech I think he has an early 2g for sale.

haha yeah i called him already :slight_smile: might be working something out. thanks matt.

god dam you guys hate! im buying a dsm this sunday jesus! i just dont have high expectations…i hope you guys prove me wrong

DSM’s are reliable enough when stock, yes they break alot and yes they are stupid breaks, but you take a car do some shit so it runs 11s-12s and see if its still as reliable as it was stock. If you want a modded DSM then i would recomend not draining your available cash purchasing the car make sure you have some extra put away for repairs associated with go fast problems. If you buy something stock then remember its a 10+ yr old car and still have money for maitenance fixes and for the love of god make sure you know the history of its timing belt replacements or get it done before you even put it on the road. It seems most DSM’s for sale that i find are floating around the 60k or 120k mile marks and the owners dont wanna fix the belts.

Either something is wrong with this, or this is a crazy good deal!!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=246751471&dealer_id=62821443&car_year=1999&model=ECLIP&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=MIT&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=All+wheel+drive&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=14227&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=47

Despise the rims tho

OMFG–insane deal. has to be sold already:jawdrop:

just went up for sale last night… it’s a possibility. I’m probably going to call later on today to see if it’s legit… disgusting deal…

They are pretty hard to work on though. The turbo replacement is fine, its the timing belt which HAS to be done, the AWD trans go bad often and/or grind…shift forks…synchros…clutch…have fun

These cars end up being a money pit in a lot of cases, and my opinion is not a car to buy if you are very limited in funds and car knowledge

Ahh…94Civic is just trying to save him from the headache these cars can be to own, its the truth about these cars

Agreed.Once you fix something on them, another thing seems to break.In the month that I owned my 97 awd tsi I had to replace the alternator, battery, tie rods, power transistor, front straight control arms etc. Which set me back $600+. I ended up just getting rid of it while it still had some issues (front curved control arms, clutch fork was sticking half way out, clutch felt extremely weird, rear end made some noise I couldn’t figure out, rear brakes went bad,cel was on, got about 9 mpg, and the list goes on)

With that being said these cars can be nightmares or dreams. They do have great potential in the right hands. Maintenance does factor in huge with these cars. If you have funds to spend, know a good deal about cars in general ,these cars can be a fun building platform.If you are lazy, know nothing about cars, and don’t have a steady income and rely on parents fund’s these can be painful.

Good luck with what ever you do:tup: if you need a mechanic or have questions about any dsm, Mr. Gary burch (Devioustsi) is the man to ask.

and Orzech does have a nice one for sale, If you are dead set on a dsm he is the guy to buy them from, he knows his dsms and knows to take care of them.

They are not that bad to work on. If you know what your doing, the timing belt doesn’t take that long. Transmission or clutch replacement is about 5 hours of total work.

Sure its no Honda, but its not impossible to work on either.

Yea these cars are actually very easy to work on. We did a timing belt and waterpump in about an hour and a half on a 2g. You can do a clutch on one in 3 hours. Every thing else is some what easy also. Ive pulled engines on them by my self.

They are definitely not hard to work on at all. They were made to work on, all you need is a couple different sockets, and thats it. It is a hell of a lot harder to attempt a repair on a BMW than a DSM, that is for sure.