Wow so definitely got the WORST virus evar tonight.

Yea so I’m hosting a LAN party for some homies tomorrow, so I’m browsing egotastic (tits + 52" HDTV FTMFW) as usual. I close my browser and walk into the kitchen to do some dishes blah blah blah. I heard a couple beeps… no big deal i figured fuck it.

Come back out and turn the tv back on and there is antivirus messages all over, my shit was like the hunt for red october. So i’m like yea whatevs prolly not a HUGE deal. So I’ve spent since 6pm trying to get rid of it and there is no fucking way. I’m running Derricks Boot and Nuke on it now, cause the intarwebs says if you just delete the partition it comes right back… lets see it get through DBAN though! HA! Motherfucker.

I had mad programs installed etc etc but not a big deal, all my “files” are on the big drive which is disconnected, cuz DBAN doesn’t give a fuck and deletes the world. lol

Anyone have an install disc laying around for Alldata? Thats the only one i don’t think i have anymore.

:banghead:banghead

wat

+1…

He got a bad virus.

He is running DBAN which is a utility that zero’s out your hard drive (computers function on 1’s and 0’s). This wipes EVERYTHING from the drive. Not a single trace can be found of any data. Department of Defense standard is 3 passes. (I use the same program at work)

He needs Alldata.

/cliffs notes.

I ran a scan overnight and my computers clean, so it probably wasn’t L4D.

AEDS u have it!

my computer’s gotta stay out of them late nighte motels… keeps catchin shit! ahaha we’re back. i’m posting from it now…

Nice I’ll be over around 7.

Nice virus. Happened to the local “gamer” 2 houses down. Swears he can beat anyone in COD4 and WOW Online/LAN.

My Me and my dad (programmer) say GL. Shouldnt be the end of the world.

I do the same thing when I do disk wiping for OMH.

wtf is going on in this thread

I have Alldata… do you need any specific manufacturers or just the actually program?

Ryan, when the adults are talking, its not polite to interrupt. Don’t you have some homework to do?

Wayne, you need to look at a shorter list of pr0n sites that you know dont have a virus. heheh, j/w. It sucks when you get a virus. it feels so late 80s early 90s to me to make viruses. its just not the “kool thing” to do anymore, its been done so much, but ppl are idiots, so you cant help it. i just try to do the best i can to avoid viruses. i use AVG on my machine and firefox as my browser and so far its been allright.

I use Symantec Corp., FireFox for 99% of my browsing needs (sometimes I’ll have to use IE if the programmer who wrote the page was an idiot and didn’t code his crap for multiple browsers), and Spybot/Ad-Aware/CCleaner. Never have issues.