wrayzor's '94 Civic Hatch

congrats

well i started on the new ls bottom end this weekend and prolly would have got all the pistons in but my piston ring compressor blew a** so im gonna have to wait until next weekend who knows maybe itll even run in a couple weeks

oh man that sucks… but when you actually do have the car up and running and you make that pass down the drag stript it will all be worth it to you… I hope everything works for you man good luck to you.

good luck,hope it works out!

what pistons did you go with? and did you get the golden eagle ls/vtec kit cause i heard you have to buy the ls headgasket, because they send you the one for the head you’re using rather than the block

It looked like it was stock LS pistons and conrods (I could be wrong). The ring compressor didn’t have a containment band at the very bottom, and the first oil control ringlet was slipping thru that tiny crack between the block and the ring compressor sleeve. It sucked balls…we f*cked with it for an hour or so.

he should at least have the stock rods shot peened, herer’s a good resource thread that’ll help him.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1676914

there are so many things that i could do but im sick of trying to hard and there are people even on here running on stock internals and doing fine, rite now im just trying to get it running for a couple months and if it does blow up it def worth the experience of building my own motor, if it blows up this time then i have all winter to build a bottom end thats gonna be solid

that’s cool man. i didn’t know what your plans were as far as rev limit and such… what ecu/tuning software are you using?

chrome

cant wait to see it running, good luck.

i got pictures but they are on Tom’s (DC01s) camera…got all the internals done in the bottom end tonite and go the main seal, oil pump, water pump, all on. Waiting for the head to come back from the machine shop and then hopefully before the weekend is over ill have the motor done

motor goin in this weekend:x: we’ll see what happens i guess hopefully this one will make it past the dyno :frowning:

Schweeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttt! Hope it all goes well for ya man!

nice,good luck

whens that motor going in?

motors in!!! and it started up and i got to drive it a lil tonite!!! hopefully i can get it tuned and work out all the stupid little stuff trying to race on the 11 at prp

nice congrats

congrats!

congrats!!!