JackdUp's 1992 Honda Civic CX

And so it begins…

:cool: :bigthumb:

:boink
anybody need some oil? :rofl:

is it gonna have any boost

I forgot to put in the plans (at least this is what I’m thinking at the moment).

Note: I am not planning on running any specific import class, just T/T & run what you brung. Fast and safe are the goals, no particular “class limitiations”, just ET + MPH requirements for IRHA/NHRA tracks.

Step 1: Get running with a replacement stock motor.

Step 2: Gut, cut, 10 pt. cage. + chute mount, seat, and maybe install lexan 3 rear window kit. Carbon fiber sunroof delete kit.

Step 3a: Get whole B-series swap motor, trans, half-shafts, ECU. I’d prefer GSR swap because of head.

Step 3b: Obtain second bare block and send block out to be GE sleeved.

Step 4: Get forged internals specifically for boosted motor applications, build bottom end & assemble short block.

Step 5: Install, get injectors & turbo then boost + tune initial set up in 3a. Learn how to drive it and run it 'til it grenades, I master it, or get bored at that power level.

Step 6: Obtain larger injectors, assemble sleeved engine, re-tune for more boost.

Turbo choices are probably a 35 or 42. I’m leaning toward 35 for a street driven car.

If anyone has any advice on this plan, speak up!

dont even piss me the D to get it running just buy a GSR swap and boost it till it blows up!

that car brings back some fond memories. My idiot friend was the one who put entirely too much oil in it…killing it. We smoked mad blunts in that car yo!

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll gut it for sure now (to remove all residue)! :smiley:

that going to be Jacked -up!!:boink

On your step 2. How fast ET and MPH can you run on a 10 pt cage and does the chute have to tie into the cage?

I defer to the cage builder, Jeff @ 1st-try.

was cehcking out the car at 1st try - super clean body. Have fun with your go cart!

i think 9.00’ for a 10 pt (certified) or anything over 135 u need a chute

and it has to tie into cage

I thought that the chute was for 150+

they changed the rule used to be 150+

good luck on the new project

who’s garage is that car in

Thanks. That’s a dealership in Washpaw. I wish that was my garage :smiley:

Mine…hahah Thats my black snap on tool box in the backround… And my ratchet on the rad support…

cool import

You know that’s 70 horsepower, right?

B18Bs are cheaper than whores in Etna. If you have the ability to do it now, you should do it now.