Time to get serious, Kserious

So as most of you know, I have decided to turbo my k series eg civic. I first got it from Big red with a blown up k20a2. Fortunately our friendly neighborhood pal Lksi had a k24a2 block lying around and boom, k24/k20. My best time at the track was 13.2 @ 105 on a sunday at lvd.

Here are some pictures of the car, she is a dirty, dirty whore
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/Murrdog9000/5848_277444500720_685030720_8522523_2247871_n.jpg
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/Murrdog9000/5368_251326240720_685030720_7930136_1641316_n.jpg
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/Murrdog9000/5368_251800750720_685030720_7943304_1996773_n.jpg

anddddd here she is in her current state along with the condition of my fathers garage… hes pissed to say the least

The turbo parts

Unfortunately I blew up my daily driver so I’ve been working on getting that junker back together. Right now I have two non-running honda civic’s in my driveway, parents are pissed, and I feel like I belong in amsterdam.

The Build

I decided against building the k24 because the sleeves are not as reliable as a k20’s. People have made up to 900hp on stock k20 sleeves, I don’t plan on making nearly as much but I like security

Motor
-K20z3 block, eagle rods, JE 10:1 pistons, and to juice her… my s2000 oil pump
-k20a2 head, not sure what valve train Im going to run yet
-Lksi will be making me a mil-spec harness with raychem to clean up the engine bay, which I’m very excited for.

Transmission
-Currently looking for a 5pd and I still have to get rid of my six spd
-Competition stage 5 clutch
-Either OBX or Mfactory LSD

Turbro stuf
-4088 divided housing
-Brand New AFI twin scroll manifold
-Dual 44mm Tial wastegates
-Tial 50mm BOV
-Open downpipe :thumbup
-Precision 800hp core intercooler aka “The big boy” aka “The benni”

This is where things get kind of funny… after that whole issue with pete buying stainless steel bushur charge piping, which turned into stainless steel vs aluminum, I received my kit. It is half aluminum, half stainless steel :lol
Il have to post up some pictures soon.

Morgan@Synapse will be tuning this car

Goals
Main goal is to have the car out in mid april so I can enjoy the car before I start my summer job.

I would love to make a ten second pass but there are some major factors against me
-I have never owned a turbo car and have only driven a fast turbo car once
-I don’t have a cage in my car, therefore runs at lvd will be few
-I will not be running slicks because that would lead to certain death for my future five spd tranny

My power goals are relatively conservative and not that important. I would like to make around 600 for my “high boost” setting but I specifically bought the new turbo manifold so I could run less boost and get used to driving the car. I’m not guaranteeing shit on my car, but similar 2.0 twin scroll 4088 setups start building boost around 3k and have 10psi by 4k and made 450hp at 12psi.

I have some people in mind that I would like to race, but I don’t like calling people out when my cars guts are scattered all over my garage floor, I think its bad karma

I’m very excited for this build, Ive been flip flopping about what I wanted to do for over a year now and I’m glad I’m nailed down to something. Anyone who wants to stop over and lend a hand, feel free… I reward with hj’s. Finally, I just wanted to wish pjb a happy birthday :hug

Stay tuned for more updates:clap

John Cena looks pissed, rofl.

nice build man. im trying to find a clean ek coupe as we speak for something along these lines! cant wait to see it!!

Good stuff dude. Should have traded me for my ep3 tranny when I had it

lmao I had to take a good look I was like John Cena? WTF? lol

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/Murrdog9000/196089_1002506474177_1570290002_10633_920_n.jpg

Thanks man. Honestly, I think a large part of me is going to miss the car being NA. From what I’ve seen turbo k series is pretty crazy, the stock heads flow better than ported b series heads, but the shit is much more expensive. I’m just glad its something different, not many turbo k’s in the area.

When did you get rid of it? I probably had no idea what I was doing with my car at that point :lol I was all set to do a serious NA build, then lance talked me into doing a turbo setup.

Solid work kevin. I can’t wait to see this thing out this summer.

Yeh you will run slicks so stop crying

Haha good shit my man. Can’t wait to see this done!

Thanks dude

Ehhhh wel see

Thanks man… things look quite dismal right now ever since my daily blew up, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

are the 5 speeds that much stronger than the 6? if i remember that 6 speed shifted like butter…

Nice setup! You will enjoy also i got to hear this thing never heard a k series boosted in person.

Yes they are… the actual gears are thicker and on top of that, the actual gearing will be better.

Haha… you and me both. Its just funny though… every time I think I’m stepping up my game, I’m always one step behind. Looks like the s2000’s are gonna be the big boys this year.

Race Warz

KKKserious

Been needin to call you out…

Quit pussing out and buy my k24a2 block

You have to run slicks ya dope ! . You will just burn out all the way down the track lol

Buy this for me

http://ajperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/PPG_K-Series_4_speed_Dog_Gear_set.jpg

word, looks good kev. this car was the most fun to drive out of all of the cars ive owned. look forward to seeing the old gal with some serious power under the hood again.