K20Powerz' K Series build > *

Well as you all know my car “blew up” this past week and well i decided i’d make a build thread Part II as i finished my previous goal/build, a 12 sec. daily driver.

Not 100% sure on what parts i’m getting yet but i’m doing a K20/K24 “Frankenstein” build. I’ll be using the head from the K20z1 that’s in the car now and currently am on the prowl for a K24 block. I have a few that i’m keeping an eye on/poking around for a good price. I’m going to just get a set of new valves and springs and retainers, and do a stock block K24. The K24 blocks have beefier rods than the K20 blocks so i was thinking maybe staying with a stock block/stock internals, but i may just see how much money i get through working and selling random things i have laying around and up the compression and grab some CP pistons and Eagle rods as well as maybe pick up some cams :ninja.

I haven’t decided whether i’m going to follow through with my plans of doing a GT35r or keep the spray, only time will tell.

While the motor is out i’m going to clean up the engine bay and do a mild wire tuck and re-spray the bay black. Another thing that is still up in the air is re-spraying the whole car a different color. I’m also thinking about getting a 6 pt. cage put in as well and keeping it full interior. I will be getting rid of the horrible drum brakes in the rear too and doing a rear disk conversion so i can actually stop without my brakes failing like a couple times this year :ohnoes

Pics will be added as things get purchased and when things get rolling.

Motor comes out later this week/early next week and it begins :mwahaha :ohnoes

good shit man… should be fun next year with a couple EG’s to play around with…

Nope, not gonna work :excited

GL Joe, hopefully all goes well. :thumb

What are you talking about clown? :confused :nuts

sweet. good luck.

haha @ lkswhy

well good luck lil joe it all sounds good to me :stuck_out_tongue:

damn im excited!!!

should be sickkk. Cant wait to see progress. I am starting my build thread soon :nod

i think yo should do something with the body. idk what, maybe less stickers? :ponder

That’s just my windshield :confused

The whole point of changing the car’s color/debadging is to maybe throw some people off next year to think it’s a different car…lol probably won’t work but oh well

mee tooo!!! April/May can’t come any sooner :sad

Your cover’s kinda blown since you just told everyone on the area’s largest forum :lol

eh whatever, i could be completely lying to you guys and be swapping motors with Stallmer :ninja :ssh

lol i see you’re using the new smiley i had singh add :nod

seriously though, good luck with whatever you end up going with

srsly it will look nice if you lose the door bumpers, and paint it. other than that. its nice!.

The black door trim is staying!!! Reason #1 why it’s staying is because i think it finishes the OEM look and reason #2 is because i don’t feel like filling in the holes behind them. :lol

thanks mang!

:lol point proven!

I can get you a complete k24 accord motor for hella cheap if you can’t find what you’re looking for.

PM me with price

I think you should leave the car the color it is. Your car is clean the way it sits appearence wise.

Lately i’ve gotten the itch to build something too. We’ll see though. :ninja