wrx>new gt

I raced some guy in a new mustang gt last night, we pulled up to a light and he looked at me but I didn’t think he would race, we took of real slow and i short shifted into 2nd and he took off, I caught and passed him and put almost a car on him then I let off and he flew by.

My car is a stock wrx and it’s pretty slow, I was expecting this mustang to beat me so I was quite surprised.

they run low 15’s

yeah weight is a big issue the newer ones are kind of tanks so the fact that they are 300hp over the previous 265 didnt change much performance wise on the newer stangs. I still love them though and wouldnt mind owning one some day.

Hmm…Interesting.I’ve seen stock mustangs at the track turn low low 14’s on street tires.

Tyler,When do I get a piece of the wrx?

yeah low 14’s high 13’s is where they are at now.

pats right…

i have seen the new S197 Mustangs run 13.5’s in stock form… fastest one i have heard of (on another forum) was 13.2X on nittos… they are no slouches… good kill

13’s all day with a decent driver…

I had a good run with one in the speed6, from a 30MPH roll. I won but it wasn’t a bus length by any means. Got it up to about 100, and he was only a car back…

it sounds like you caught him by surprise and perhaps had a gearing advantage for just that moment… the reality is that the mustang is a much faster car stock vs stock.

Meh, like I said, he romped on it about .5 seconds sooner than i did. I caught him and passed him. Never put busses on him, but his front fender was at my rear bumper by around 100.
He was WOT. And as soon as I let off he flew by me.
Why would I make this up? And, a stock mustang gt is NOT fast. they weight a ton and only have 300 hp. Granted it was raining but I doubt he was spinning at all.

nice

a b16 pulled a gt mustang last night!!! nice

lol,Stock for stock the Mustang should beat a wrx.He must be a short shifting driver and you must be a decent driver.

Or maybe he had an exhaust and sounded like he was WOT?

meh, I don’t know anyone who would race at 85% throttle. he was def WOT that’s why I was confused.
it must have been the drivers fault. wrx’s are good for mid to low 14’s. same with a mustang.

Nice kill. The new ones are nice and quick too. I raced two before and beat them both so I know it wasn’t the driver…unless they both sucked at driving. Either way they got beat by a girl :wiggle:

x2 15’s would be fucking rediculous for a mustand gt, a stock geo prizm with a 1.6l prolly runs that

nice i ran a red gt w/ stipes about 1 month ago when it was really warm for a week… He nooded his head at me around 40mph…(the best 2nd gear run for a wrx.) i couldn’t even hear my car b/c the stang was so suprisingly loud. i was only a 1/2 car ahead, up until around 100, too fast for normal road… maybe thru-way alittle faster, but he would have walked away after 110-120…better top end…but faster stock 40-100 or there-so

Hope I don’t hear any more kill stories from you…

Thought the new gt’s ran high 13’s, shit the damn v6’s run high 14’s now. Maybe you ran a v6 with exhaust and gt badges :rofl: wouldnt suprise me with some kid owning a stang.