WS6><C5 Vette....

So suposedly today was going to be one of the last warm/dry enough days to wash my car before i put it away. So even though this should have been done a bit sooner then today, I pull my car out of the garage, it really needed a cleaning…Damn it gets colder and darker so fast now, and i get home from work around 4:30pm so i start cleaning. Almost dark out by the time its clean i start drying it with a shammy and as time goes by the less effective the shammy is at picking up the water so I do as best as i can and decide to go for a quick ride.

So im just cruising along minding my own business pulling up to a red light no ones in the right lane but someones ahead of me in my lane so you know I pick the open lane and pull up. I notice at the intersection to my right a white C5 Vette about to turn into my lane but my light goes green so… having fairly quiet exhaust (Magnaflow Catback Only) I take it up to around 3,000RPM just to have a lil tone let him know im out for a good time.

No one was behind me as i pull away from the light so he immediately continues to turns after me. Now i didnt really plan on racing him at first so im in my 6th gear at 50mph as he sort of rice’s by getting to the next light before me. There was a truck ahead of me as im pulling to the intersection and im saying to my self TURN RIGHT, TURN RIGHT, TURN RIGHT!!! What do you know, he does, so i find myself right next to the older but not too old looking male(30’s-49 years of age) most likely the only thing he knows about his car is its a corvette with a V8…So i give him the thumbs up but i can barely see him being he had tint on his windows. I rolled my window down to maybe say, “Hows it going, nice car” But he looked for a second and then nodded and looked at the light sort of with a lean like a young punk…

So im thinking he must be about to put his car away just like me and wants a lil fun. I dont hear him reving at all as the light is about to change. We both sort of roll out of it about half way through the intersection i decide…well he nodded!!! lol…So i roll into the throttle the same time he does, and i notice WOW!!! These Kumhos+Cold Roads sort of suck for traction! As i start spinning in 1st pretty bad i back off the throttle a tad and see him pull a little so i floor it again. DAMN Rev,rev,rev… as i hit the rev limiter a little but i was still door to door so he’s no race car driver, but hey either am I.

BAM! I shift into 2nd and almost shit my pants as the car starts getting a lil shakey… I quickly notice why this wasnt the best idea for this time of year. He starts getting ahead of me by a half a car, he was probly surprized thinking i wouldnt be so close. Bam hit 3rd pretty good too were im still only a half car behind as I inch towards 6,000RPM’s and 90mph in a 45… :roflpicard: and then he must of let off i didnt til i pretty much had to in order to not hit the limiter again in which i was ahead… but hey he’s probly a Dad of some sort and doesnt want to get pulled over so we stop at around 90MPH top of my 3rd.

So that was pretty exciting for me, i figured he would of beat me more then a half a car being alot lighter then me. Maybe i would have been ahead if i didnt spin as much or maybe if we kept going he would of pulled away like he probly should of, I didnt notice a Z06 badge so he probly has the LS1 just like me, deffinitly a C5. My cars stock with a Catback and SLP lid. So i figured i would give the people of NYSpeed something to read. :slight_smile:

Wheres the part where you scalped him and were made a man by your tribe?

hey, he didnt even stop at the next light, he was dissappointed and turned on a yellow/red arrow trying to run… lol idk!

Hey theres these things in my garage that say Victor Jr on them, they have been sitting there all winter/ spring and summer long… i think they belong to you. Can we please install these so you dont get beat by old men comming home from the golf course?

lol he wasnt playing golf today, it was COLD when i washed my car! Ya dont you worry ill have more then headers next year.

i guess i can beat stock c5s. cute, cute.

nice kill

by what reasoning may i enquire?

me>red00ws6 from dig. redws6>c5 vette= me>c5

have you raced john or a C5 vette from a dig?

BENCH RACING!!!

no…but i have timeslips…

The C5 should take me with good driving, u can say u beat me idc there’s vids, we were very close, that vette would take u though with driver mod

what u run

getting gay with kids is here…

8.5@ 85 on snows b4 cams/more boost

love bench racing = )

i read the story and he lost. no matter what the thread title says.

i know of a stock C5 i can find to race you. :slight_smile:

and bench racing < *

i say DO IT

Me too! :slight_smile:

Me three…but just because 94excivic seems like a major douche :slight_smile: