WTB 02 Civic VTEC harness+ecu (Manual transmission)

My buddy did a VTEC swap with little to no knowledge of whats actually needed with his decently experienced uncle.

Motor is in, everythings screwed tight, and BOOM, notices the wiring harness + ecu is for an automatic transmission.

If anyones got the right harness and wants to swap for the auto harness/ecu + cash or just sell outright that’d be great. Let me know a price. I’m not sure of the engine code as I’m not to into hondas but I’d imagine it’s a D series. I can call him and have him check if necessary. I guess he can get the harness for free from japanstar but they won’t have a shipment until next month and he needs it now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ll grab the codes off of his OEM ECU and the one they provided tonight if that will also make it easier to identify what he will need. From what I’m reading he can buy an Apexi VAFC2 and bypass the need for all this all together so if nothing I’ll just tell him to buy that nonsense if no one on heres got anything.

If you can’t get a harness, why not just wire it in manually?

Not experienced enough with hondas to go into all that

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

Id try Jerry Brown’s ( www.jbap.com ), Cornell’s Used Auto parts ( www.cornellsusedautoparts.com) or Ed Loya’s for a used harness. I know those three places have alot of late model cars.

It’s not very hard at all. All you have to do is run a wire from the Vtec solenoid, through the firewall, and into the ECU harness. Very simple. But, can see how just having a complete harness would be easier.

From what Im reading the only way to do that is with that apexi attachment

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2